psalms83:18

New stables coming!!

3 bays 13'long each! Room for plenty of horses! 

Desperately  need to get them out from under tarps!

probably gonna do all pallets except for the roof cause we can get snow loads up to 4' thick. But I am thinking what to do cheap for the roof materials.. If anyone has anything in Nh or any creative" ideas!

image.jpeg

• Like 9

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

your on to a good idea with the pallets, for temporary if you could figure how to support them for a roof.  you could then throw your tarps over the top and let them drap down the sides. fasten them down with some 1 X  or 5/4 just to get your through the upcoming winter. maybe use 2x4 up on end from one side to the other. throw a pallet on top. then cover with tarps. think of a better long term solution through the winter.  just thinking out loud. I know were trying to be cost effective.

have to put some study on this..

Glenn

Edited by JERSEYHAWG / Glenn
spelling
  • Like 3

AMC RULES

5 hours ago, JERSEYHAWG / Glenn said:

just thinking out loud. I know were trying to be cost effective.

have to put some study on this..

Glenn

That's exactly what I like jerseyhawg thinking out loud!

2 hours ago, AMC RULES said:

That's an awesome end result!

I was a little lazy though and laid my pallets on their side so I don't have great strength as 2x4 on end. But I can go back and add supports, and the pallets were 8' long and I didn't need a 8' high wall on the low side. Seeing those videos does give me some good ideas on how to do some finish work on them.

i did however keep the pallets from touching the dirt I kept them on bricks and blocks to slow down the rot. Then I'll use the c-175 with the plow to smooth out inside the bay's.

not sure if I'm going to do a front wall or maybe use tarps that can roll up something like what jerseyhawg thought of.

• Like 3

Abe01

When I built my hen house, and my hog hits, I put the pallets verticly and tied them together via the 2x4 runners. On the second course I put a scab piece of wood between then like a post it was mabey 18" long to tie the top and bottom together, then I used 2x6 rafters just a simple tie in. It's 7 foot tall and strong enough to walk on. Check your local hardware store ask if they have any "cull"  wood (that's what we call it in texas) it's the stuff that's warped or cracked or some how deformed so they can't sell it.....they dang near give it away. Also keep an eye out on CL  for free tin, or if your up to it sometimes people will post buildings (sheds) they need torn down and you can keep the materials and use them.

Yeah forgot about cl tear downs and demo materials.... As for cull lumber that's all homedepot ever has!:deadhorse:----and that's all their lumber is good for!! Lol

• Like 2

Well 400$$$ later.....

IMG_0648.JPG

IMG_0649.JPG

IMG_0650.JPG

• Like 7

BESTDOGEVER

Psalms that is a good looking shed and made out of pallets is just a plus they will last for a long time. Glad to see you back on the forum.   Ernie 

Wishin4a416

Nice inexpensive storage.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Wishin4a416 said:

Nice inexpensive storage.

Roofing is ridonculous $$$ even for the roll out type

• Like 3

Wheel-N-It

The Horses are gonna love their new run in shed!

• Like 1

BESTDOGEVER

I know cheap 3 tab shingles are 25 bucks for a bundle they were that much for 3 10 years ago and they are so thin you can almost see through them. Talk about ripping off the customer 

• Like 1

WVHillbilly520H

Job well done, but an FYI on a budget a carport (18'w X 21'L X 5' tall at the sides) can be bought and installed for $600+/- , and the hardest part is writing the check you can then add your siding or leave open I got mine with 2 sides closed and one end gabled for $1200 installed, plus they can be optioned for heavier snow loads, Jeff.

• Like 2

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

that turned out sweet. job well done. now,,,,get them ponies in there....

Glenn

• Like 1

Retired Wrencher

psalms83:18  Good job for little $$$. I like that chain fall looks Heavy Duty. 

2 hours ago, T1257 RETIRED WRENCHER. said:

psalms83:18  Good job for little $$$. I like that chain fall looks Heavy Duty. 

Best thing about it is it's sooo smooth no sticky spots or dropping loose spots. The idea was to be able to lift a whole tractor all the way in the air to be able to work on it at a good comfortable height and sharpening blades without taking deck off.... and carrying heavy pieces of metal to the forge that's in the corner!

• Like 2

WNYPCRepair

Asphalt shingles and roll roofing are oil based....

BESTDOGEVER

Yeah and we know that those guys wouldn't rip us off. This system is designed to run over the little guy and smoosh him like a bug

IMG_0699.JPG

• Like 9

Wheel-N-It

Nice! That shed is starting to look like a Barn:D

Way to go! Keep up the good work ( coming from a building inspector)

Edited by Wheel-N-It
  • Like 2

JC 1965

Looks great, thanks for sharing,   :thumbs2:

WheelHorseNut

Nice job and the price is right!  Really nice storage!

BESTDOGEVER

Psalms this is textbook 70's homestead building combined with good old Yankee ingenuity and a job well done 

ACman

If you can get ahold of some rubber roof membrane it's the best stuff ever . 8' wide in a huge roll . One of the perks of doing  commercial construction in the past . One other thing to consider is old billboard adds . These new ones are one piece huge tarps . Usually pretty cheap . Roofers around here use them to cover up exposed roofs . Find a add installer to see what they do with the old ones . Great cheap storage by the way .

• Like 1

BESTDOGEVER

The rubber roofing is a super idea it has  a 50 year life span on a flat surface and that is updated regularly as they test existing projects.