wedge

Repower a Comando 6

wedge

Well I got this great running cub cadet for pennies at an auction and wanted the body work for one I have. But come to find out it has a Kohler 18 that is dirty But runs GREAT ! Got me to thinking about the commando 6 I have that need an engine ?

So just a Rough Mock up but what you all think ?

This might be my Monster rod I wanted to build after you all said to do the 400 Back to old stock .

Some Big Pullers on the rear and a header and we should be good !

kohler2.jpg

kohler1.jpg

• Like 2

953 nut

:text-coolphotos:   May need to do some serious hood modifications but it would be a real screamer when it is finished!    :auto-layrubber:  

• Like 2

squonk
37 minutes ago, 953 nut said:

:text-coolphotos:   May need to do some serious hood modifications but it would be a real screamer when it is finished!    :auto-layrubber:  

Who needs a hood? :) WHOOMBAH!!!!!!!! :banana-wrench:

• Like 2

wedge

If I take the Plastic cover off the air cleaner I may be able to fit it under the hood. But will need to cut the side out a little for the rest of it !

Thinking I can make a custom hood scoop to let her breath ?

All in all  I think it would make a great little Monster tractor !! Has a rock solid trans and new brake band and I am looking at building some custom rear and front wheels as that what I do for Karts and Micros.

he big thing is I need to make a offset motor mount and NO raise it much farther up to get my belt alinement rite !

wedge

Started on the engine mounts and moved it back as far as I can. Also working on another air cleaner set up so as to get some hood clearance ?

Found crank seal seeping so now is the time to address them. all in all its turning into a fun project !

wedge

Tore the engine down and pressure washed it. Also did the tractor. Now starts the assembly . Putting new seals on the engine and already switched the fuel pump rocker cover to the rear head. Will keep you all posted on the repower !

kohler3.jpg

wild horse.jpg

• Like 1

wedge

Made the engine adapter mounts. Looks promising.

motor plates.jpg

• Like 1