Cadmandu

M12 verses the K301

Cadmandu

Thanks I love to buy new tools i will be going to HF monday night. I dont want to hurt my rims. If you go to a 10.5 from a 9.5 do you need different rims?

WHX??

Nice tractor guy ....looks real clean & sounds like you got a good deal on it to boot. You are gonna love that bagger for picking up leaves.

pfrederi
3 hours ago, Cadmandu said:

Thanks I love to buy new tools i will be going to HF monday night. I dont want to hurt my rims. If you go to a 10.5 from a 9.5 do you need different rims?

What size tires are on there now.  i believe 300 series came with narrower rims than the c series and 400 series. 10.5s may be too much.

Cadmandu

I have 23 x  9.5 x 12 on the tractor now do i need wider rims for the 23 x 10.5 x 12

Wheel-N-It
1 minute ago, pfrederi said:

What size tires are on there now.  i believe 300 series came with narrower rims than the c series and 400 series. 10.5s may be too much.

My 312 originally came with 9.50 x 12 tires.

Cadmandu

mine as well do i need bigger rims for 10.5

I sold my 89 honda 4514 for 650.00 in one day and paid 850.00 for a 89 real tractor.

I do need 4 new tires and wheel weights. I want AG for the rear would like to get 10.5 with rubber chains

Edited by Cadmandu

pfrederi
3 hours ago, Cadmandu said:

I know my 310-8 has narrower rims.. i have to do some measuring tomorrow.  the 10.5s will mount but will be very "bulgey" if the rims are too narrow.  What is wrong with 9.5s??

Edited by pfrederi
  • Like 1

Wheel-N-It

From what I've read here over the years, the 10.5's will fit those narrower rims but the tires bow out in the middle. In other words they don't sit flat all the way across. That might be a problem for those who run chains and use their Horse for pushing snow. Again, I'm not qualified for anything regarding snow as we get very little if any snow here.

• Like 1

Cadmandu

That sounds like good advise. I will just buy 9.5 some one told me that i would need rims off of a 410

• Like 1

Ed Kennell

I'm not sure what you're using the 312 for, but by all reports, rubber chains are more efficient on turf tires than ags.   I never used mine on ags, but the work really well on my turfs.

Hossenfeffa

Late answer here, but yes the adjustable carbs have adjustment for high and low rpm. Not an adjustable needle jet per say, but definitely adjustable. 

As far as mowing hills, up and down is the way to go, it's just plain safer that way. I just run my 312 in reverse with my rear discharge deck for leaves. Leaves get munched into tiny little pieces  works great

Cadmandu

Dan,

Thank you for your inquiry.  I'm sorry but I can't advise on your question number 2.  That question would probably be better answered by the tire manufacturer.  As far as wanting one set of TerraGrips to fit both the 10.5 and 9.5 width tires, I would recommend buying the 23x10.5-12 TerraGrips (ST90008).  There is enough adjustability built into the chains to fit both tire widths. On the 9.5 width tires the chains will just go a little further down the sidewall of the tire.

When installing on the lug type tires keep in mind that you will need to thoroughly and systematically work the slack out of the chains all around the tire.  The rubber slats on the rubber tire make this a bit more challenging on the lug type tires but it can be done and once you have done it once or twice it will become easier for you.

Hope that answers your questions.

Regards,

Dave Moore

Superior Tech, Inc

Customer Care & Supply Chain Management
Phone: 
(717) 569-3359 X 210

Cell: (717) 926-7924