Mike'sHorseBarn

Wheel Horse 21" Reel Mower

Mike'sHorseBarn

This isn't a tractor but I didn't see another good place for it so here it is. Ever since I started collecting old reel mowers I've had an itch to find a wheel horse reel mower since I love my wheel horse tractors so much. Tonight I finally got to scratch that itch! I was so excited to get hold of this thing and it runs like a champ! I've not seen many of these so if you have one, I'd love to see it. I think it has an incorrect muffler and missing the drive belt shield so I will be on the lookout for those. Also downloaded the manual for it off of here.

20160830_205343.jpg00m0m_k4pTE4DNNw7_1200x900.jpg20160830_205319.jpg20160830_210044.jpg

• Like 9

Walt

Curious on the name plate on handle it looks like REO if so did they use REO engines on them? I remember a couple of my neighbors ( retired REO workers ) who use REO mowers to mow with when I was young.

• Like 1

Mike'sHorseBarn
41 minutes ago, Walt said:

Curious on the name plate on handle it looks like REO if so did they use REO engines on them? I remember a couple of my neighbors ( retired REO workers ) who use REO mowers to mow with when I was young.

Wheel Horse bought out reo mowers sometime in the early 60's and continued to manufacture mowers under to term REO. This does not use a REO engine. It has a tecumseh. I do have an earlier Reo with the actual reo engine. It is a royale as well.

20140601_184430.jpg

Walt

Yep that's looks like what those guys where using 45 years or so ago well maybe a little rougher. But then aren't we and our equipment all a little rougher. ;)  Thanks for the memory jog.

• Like 1

Lane Huls

There is a belt gaurd that went over the drive belt, it was held on in the center of the gaurd with one tab. They broke off easily it seems. I have mine, but it needs repaired. Of the 3 I've seen all had missing/broken gaurds.

20160822_114854.jpg

• Like 1

Amcwheel85

Glad someone on here got that... I was going to go pick it up but been way to busy getting ready for the big move south. Have fun with it!

• Like 1

Lane Huls

20160822_114900.jpg

• Like 1

Mike'sHorseBarn
6 minutes ago, Lane Huls said:

20160822_114900.jpg

Thanks for the pics! I'm glad to see someone else has one. If most of them are missing the shield I probably won't be able to find another one, but that's not the end of the world. If you could maybe take a closeup pic of the decals on the left side (facing the mower) I'd appreciate it. Mine appear to be missing. 

12 minutes ago, Amcwheel85 said:

Glad someone on here got that... I was going to go pick it up but been way to busy getting ready for the big move south. Have fun with it!

I tried to go get it as fast as I could and I'm glad to have it!

Lane Huls

I'll get those for you as soon as I get off work. Btw Bacon's dealership was in Pennsylvania. 

• Like 1

Mike'sHorseBarn
Just now, Lane Huls said:

I'll get those for you as soon as I get off work. Btw Bacon's dealership was in Pennsylvania. 

Thanks! I noticed the dealer tag said Pa, can't quite make the name of the town.

Lane Huls

I'll get you better pictures this afternoon. I'm 99% sure I have the muffler you are looking for also.

• Like 1