cdr_warsstar

Raider 10 W/ 5-1421 Mower Deck Help?

cdr_warsstar

I have a Raider 10 with the 5-1421 mower deck and it doesn't seem to be hooked up right. If I drop it from the travel height, and with the deck wheels in the highest cut position, it cuts the grass down to about an inch. So I have to mow with the deck in the travel position, which isn't terribly effective. I looked at the deck's manual and everything seems to be right. I have pictures attached and I can get more if needed.

743.jpg

742.jpg

741.jpg

740.jpg

739.jpg

another picture

738.jpg

Ed Kennell
4 minutes ago, cdr_warsstar said:

I have a Raider 10 with the 5-1421 mower deck and it doesn't seem to be hooked up right. If I drop it from the travel height, and with the deck wheels in the highest cut position, it cuts the grass down to about an inch. So I have to mow with the deck in the travel position, which isn't terribly effective. I looked at the deck's manual and everything seems to be right. I have pictures attached and I can get more if needed.

743.jpg

742.jpg

741.jpg

740.jpg

739.jpg

Put the pin under this curved channel and your problems will go away.

Ed Kennell
44 minutes ago, Ed Kennell said:
50 minutes ago, cdr_warsstar said:

742.jpg

BTW, you are missing the guide wheel for the deck idler tensioning plate.  Also the attach-a- matic should be locked closed with a hairpin clip on the left side.   If it gets bumped, the deck could drop damaging the belt or your fingers.

Edited by Ed Kennell
  • Like 1

cdr_warsstar

I'll try that and get that pin in tomorrow. There's a groove worn into the rod where the bushing goes, but I'll see what I can do. Thanks!

Don1977

I don't know how to adjust that type of deck, but it's way to low in the front.

cdr_warsstar

Ed, that was it, thanks man! 

• Like 1

Ed Kennell

Your deck is not the first one I have seen with the rod installed incorrectly.      You should also get a wheel on that tensioning plate and a pin in the the tach-a-matic.   :twocents-02cents:

BTW,  :text-welcomeconfetti: to :rs:

• Like 1