rmaynard

416-H/ARK Loader Fitment Issue

boovuc

Just seeing your build Bob. Sorry I missed it. I also have an Ark loader on a newer WH. (520-H). Mine was made for the Blackhoods as well as the older C-series and no-names so I didn't have that bracket to deal with. However, there were issues with the pump and how the Onan sits in the frame. If you look close on this old pic of mine, you'll see where I mounted my pump. Not too far from yours! Nice job!Complete_Side.JPG

• Like 2

rmaynard

Thanks for the picture. I tried that position for the pump, but I have one of Matt's foot pedal motion controls on mine and it conflicted. Now all I need is to design an inexpensive ballast for the back.

roadapples

Don`t want to hijack this thread, but would like to know what kind of wheels on the rear of  Boo`s 520....

rmaynard

Now that you mentioned it Jay, they are a bit different.

wallfish
7 hours ago, roadapples said:

Don`t want to hijack this thread, but would like to know what kind of wheels on the rear of  Boo`s 520....

Looks like two rims were used to make a wider rim for 26-12-12 tires

boovuc

Aren't they interesting! :lol:

They came on a tractor another Redsquare member bought. I bought them from him because they just couldn't be ignored! They are two rims thrown together, urr I mean welded together to hold the 26-12-12 lugs.

The extra metal in the middle is for extra traction I guess!

I have one of Matt's foot controls also but I never mounted it. I was worried it would hit the belt to the pump. Now I know it will! :) 

Looks like I may be moving my pump configuration as well this winter!

• Like 1

rmaynard

While visiting my brother-in-law today, I mentioned that all I needed for my loader was some rear ballast. Then he said that he had something that might work. We went to his shed, moved a couple of boxes and here is what we pulled out.

green_suitcase_weights.jpg

green_20KG.jpg

Now, all I have to do is make some sort of bracket. Oh, and of course paint them red.

But best of all, they were FREE. :woohoo:

• Like 5

CasualObserver

Can't beat that price!

dclarke

That'll make a big difference, Bob and you can't beat free. 

WHX??
1 hour ago, rmaynard said:

all I have to do is make some sort of bracket

Really....who says BIL's are no good..... A tool box for the back to hang them on Bob extra storage for chains, straps,  pins,  clevises and whatnot. I've seen some neat pics of ones here but danged if I can find them.

Edited by WHX7
add

rmaynard

I have to make something that attaches to the frame of the loader since any bracket that would attach to the axle had be removed to attach the loader. Not a big deal. I'm still searching pictures of what others did.

• Like 1

Ed Kennell
1 hour ago, rmaynard said:

I have to make something that attaches to the frame of the loader since any bracket that would attach to the axle had be removed to attach the loader. Not a big deal. I'm still searching pictures of what others did.

Attaching the counterweights to the loader is actually the best way to do this Bob.    It takes some of the stress off the loader attachment points to the tractor.

bmsgaffer

Holy cow Bob, Free is awesome!

Those weights (even the knock offs) are approaching $1 a lb. unless you get a REAL good deal. I had to buy over 1000lbs of them to get a reasonable price.