rmaynard

416-H/ARK Loader Fitment Issue

AMC RULES

:woohoo: Nicely done Bob.  :greetings-clapyellow:

• Like 1

dclarke

I knew you'd figure it out, Bob.... Good job! 

• Like 1

mmmmmdonuts

Nice job. That loader will be up and running in no time.

• Like 1

DennisThornton

I knew you could do it!  (But I thought you were going to need more help!)B)

Great job!

• Like 1

roadapples

Nice neat job. Sometimes you just need to get away from a project for a while. Then it comes together and you wonder why you couldn`t see it before...

• Like 3

ACman

Way to go Bob :handgestures-thumbupright:  ! I knew you could do it  :text-woo: .

rmaynard

Thanks for all the encouragement. I think this thing is going to work. :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 5

roadapples

As you said, that 520 axle will add a lot of room...

• Like 2

wrightorchid

Fantastic.  Always great to have more eyes look at things and get more ideas..  A little paint and it will look almost factory.

rmaynard

UPDATE - Today I picked up some new hoses and a couple of o-rings. Denny Clarke gave me a bag of large o-rings in case I needed to rebuild any of the cylinders (thanks Denny), but I needed four one inch o-rings which act as oil seals around the 1" shafts. I knew that one of the cylinders was bad, but I didn't know which one, so I rebuilt all of them. Not hard, just time consuming. So six hours and 16 o-rings later, all the cylinders are rebuilt and back on.

So, the moment of truth...does it work?  Stay tuned for the rest of the story.

• Like 4

82Caddy

If one of your lift arm cylinders is scored or leaking, let me know I have a single good one from my ark loader.  I replaced/upgraded mine when I couldn't get one to seal again and a replacement shaft was $$$$.

• Like 1

rmaynard
1 minute ago, 82Caddy said:

If one of your lift arm cylinders is scored or leaking, let me know I have a single good one from my ark loader.  I replaced/upgraded mine when I couldn't get one to seal again and a replacement shaft was $$$$.

Thanks for the offer. So far, so good. :handgestures-fingerscrossed:

ACman

:text-bravo:Way to go Bob !

dclarke

Looking good, Bob. :thumbs:

Ed Kennell

Made me think of Ralphie  when he opened that Red Ryder B-B gun in the Christmas Story.      WTG Bob.

• Like 2

roadapples

Now you can sell your wheel barrow.... You`ll wonder what you did without it.. Good job Bob !

• Like 1

WHX??

Your not helping my addiction,:lol: some weights, that swept axle you'll be in like Flint Bob!

Another vid of it doing work is now in order! :greetings-clappingyellow:

• Like 1

Forest Road

Looking good! Add 300-400lbs ballast and  a pair of ags out back and you're in business. 

• Like 2

rmaynard
2 hours ago, Forest Road said:

Looking good! Add 300-400lbs ballast and  a pair of ags out back and you're in business. 

Working on a ballast now. No AG's for me.

• Like 1

rmaynard

Onto a new subject. Does anyone have experience rebuilding or repairing one of these?

hyd_valve.jpg

Everything seems to work fine until I push the lift control too far forward. Instead of returning to center when I let it go, it locks as shown in the next image. I have to physically pull it back to keep it from lifting the front end of the tractor. It actually snaps as I pull it back like it is hanging on something. Any help would be appreciated before I tear into it.

hyd1_valve.jpg

wallfish

It's designed that way as a float detent, but the cylinders should not be moving by hydraulic pressure. They should float, which allows the bucket to follow the terrain of the ground.

Edited by wallfish
  • Like 2

rmaynard

Hmm, I will check it again. I may have been operating it incorrectly. Thanks John.

wallfish

It does take a little getting used to by not engaging the float when applying down pressure but it becomes very useful when grading the ground. I back drag the bucket in that float position.

• Like 1

MalMac

Yep, it's a float postion. Like said very useful. When I park mine when done I'll use float postion just to take any pressure off, so if there are any leaks they don't have pressure behind them. Only works for the bucket lift though. If it goes into float super easy, good chance spool groves are getting worn. Like said though it does take practice and getting a feel for the way the hydraulics work.

• Like 2