Sign in to follow this  
Anthony Wendover

Snowthrower help

Anthony Wendover

My snowthrower is being a pain in the ass. For some reason sometimes the chute will turn right and sometimes it wont.. It turns to the left great.. But getting it back straight can be a pain but it will go.. But forget trying to get it to go right.. Even putting your hands on the chute and turning it to the right its hard to do.. I am confused on what i can do to make her turn or what may be broken?

JimD

hi anthony, the first thing i would check is the cable that turns the chute. look to see if the plastic coating is cracked and peeling off, and getting caught on somethng. this happened to mine, so i took the cable off, stripped al the plastic off and put the cable back on. works great now. good luck!

Anthony Wendover

Its actually a brand new cable. But i wouldnt think if i put my hands on the shoot and turn it to the right ( my left infront of it ) the cable would effect that.. I cant see any damge to the chute or the black thing it sits on... I tryed wd40 to see if it moves but nope no help....

catman81056

Try taking the chute off and look it over for damage. When you put it back together, use alittle grease on the mating surfaces.

Mine was rough at first, but alittle oil can action loosened it right up.

Duff

Anthony, I agree with Tim. I have the same problem from time to time with the chute on my Ariens walk-behind. Not a Wheel Horse, grant you, but the same principles apply. When it binds (about once a season, usually toward the end) I take it apart, clean the mating surfaces and grease them. Invariably cures the problem. You wouldn't think something that minor could hang up one of these critters, but it does!

Good luck!

Duff :hide:

Anthony Wendover

Guys thanks a bunch.. I took it apart and under the chute it was all rusty.. So i sanded it down and hit it with primer.. And greased everything up very very good.. Redid the cord around it a little bit snuger.. And for the moment its working we will see tomorrow during the storm!