Tinys

Need help to identify deck

Tinys

20160829_185715.jpgNeed some help identifying my deck model number.  It's on an 88 520h.  Was told it's a 48 but ordering some parts today and found out its a  42. Should've pulled the tape earlier.  05 48sc01 is what I was told but that's wrong. Has 2 belt covers the blade drive belt is 85" and the idler pulley is 3.75 " outside diameter.  The belt for the 48 was 89" I think.  Too long so we measured the old one at the parts counter and got 85. The new idler pulley for the 48 is 3.25".

I'll go out in a few and get some pics of the deck.

Thanks

Tom

20160829_185626.jpg

Edited by Tinys
Adding pictures

Bert

Your right, that's a 42 inch deck. I can't help with a number but the renforcment rod welded around the outside bottom edge tells me that its correct time frame for your 88 520. 

That may help you or ordering parts :)

• Like 1

gwest_ca

Garry

• Like 1

daveoman1966

42" SIDE DISCH DECKS:

the SPINDLE bel is # OEM 6738 at 86" long.  The MULE DRIVE belt is OEM #102742 (or 94-2501) at 103" length.  On-line for $19 and $22 respectively.

OEM belts are far superior to the after-market brands...IMHO. 

Edited by daveoman1966
  • Like 1

Tinys

Thank you all for the help. I'll get more time this weekend to work on it again. Hopefully I'llhave the correct parts then.lol

On 8/29/2016 at 8:11 PM, gwest_ca said:

Garry

Other than being the file God how were you able to figure that out? My hats off to you.:thanks::bow-blue:

gwest_ca

I went to the attachment list for your tractor/year and found the 05-42MS05 was the deck for 1988. I just knew the deck models following this one would be the same as far as connecting to your tractor. The 1989 model was 15-42SC01 and after that there are no 42" SD decks listed for the 520.

Here is the 1988 attachment list

The D&A is the Details and Attachment list. This info originally came from here

Garry

• Like 1