Sweet, looking mighty nice.:greetings-clappingyellow:

KC9KAS

WOW....the hubcaps were worth $90!

• Like 1

AMC RULES

You scored a great :wh: deal there.  :text-coolphotos:

• Like 1

Huntemcd

I bought them because I knew they were worth double. They are still in great shape. 

Wheel-N-It

How do you like that shaker plate engine? The C121 I bought this Summer has become one of my favorites.

Huntemcd

I don't like it. I like my raider 8 better. I hate how on this c the steering is so stiff even after I grease it. 

Racinbob

What a steal! I'm with you on the wobble mount engines. I had a C-141 and made spacers to get rid of the rubber. I would go through the steering carefully. It shouldn't be stiff so hopefully you'll be able to find the cause. :)

Huntemcd

I think it may be the tires because they are so wide. Plus I don't think his tie rods are adjusted right. 

Wheel-N-It
3 hours ago, Huntemcd said:

I don't like it. I like my raider 8 better. I hate how on this c the steering is so stiff even after I grease it. 

The steering should not at all be stiff. Jack it up to get all the weight off the moving parts and grease all the fittings and spray lube everything else. The steering on mine us not stuff at all. Yours should not be either.

Don1977

The fan gear is usually too loose, but your could be too tight if some one worked on it, also check for loose play in the brass bushing at the bottom of the steer shaft.

I would remove the spindle from the axle and clean both may be dried grease keeping the new grease out. May need to replace the tie rods with adjustable ones if the wheel are not toed in about 1/8". Those old two ply tires effect the steering if not pump up tight. The 4 or 6 ply tires will roll right over things that fold up the two ply.

• Like 2

Wheel-N-It
8 hours ago, Huntemcd said:

Better listen to Don1977. He knows what he's talking about!

Edited by Wheel-N-It

Retired Wrencher

Huntemcd   looks like your dad took care of it all these years. Did he buy it brand new?

Huntemcd

No he didn't. 

It actually got repainted about 8 years ago. Then the motor started knocking and it sat inside until 2 years ago then he had the motor rebuilt. 

Bonacker

nice photo