Walt

Blowing Snow

Walt

I do not own and am not necessarily interested in owning a cab for my tractor. But as any one who has used a snow blower knows blow back can sting or at a minimum by a rude awakening. Well while working in my garage this week prepping a couple of doors and fenders I'm replacing on my truck I had an idea. On a shelf in the garage I have a couple of old full face helmets. I figure if they worked to keep my head warm for snowmobiling or the occasional winter rides when roads were clear I could use one for blowing snow. Yes I know I may look a little odd but my neighbors already think I'm touched in the head. ;) 

• Like 1

Ed Kennell

Steaming may be a problem if they are not vented well.  But it's worth a try.      Thanks, 90F here and your post just cooled me down.

• Like 1

SylvanLakeWH
1 minute ago, Ed Kennell said:

Steaming may be a problem if they are not vented well.  But it's worth a try.      Thanks, 90F here and your post just cooled me down.

:text-yeahthat:

I can't wait for snow!!! :banana-skier:

Walt

Over the years I've found if you keep the shield slightly cracked it keeps it from fogging up, of course there will be a lack of wind speed while blowing I'll have to make a point of posting how it works.

• Like 1

can whlvr

I use one but its a pain,it fogs and snow sticks to the lens,i have a cab and usually use it but last year I didn't install and regreted it,lucky we didn't get much snow

• Like 1

squonk

My snow cab worked great last year. I installed it and never had to get the tractor out! :banana-dreads:

• Like 5