Ed Kennell

Harbor Freight Question

Ed Kennell

I just got a HF flyer with a 25% off any purchase coupon.  Has anyone ever been successful in using this on a 22HP V-twin Predator?

Wheel-N-It

Ed, I'm pretty sure just this year someone put this engine in a Wheel Horse. I think it was a 520. 

Do you mean successful as in the repower or using the cupon?:)

Edited by Wheel-N-It

Ed Kennell

Yeah, I think you're right on the 520/ predator Van.     I am considering the predator for my rat rod if the 25% coupon is usable.

DougC

It is my understanding that it is valid as long as it is not on sale and is at regular price unless the coupon states it is excluded. 

I don't know if H.F ever puts that motor on sale.  

That would be a rocket motor for your project IMHO.    :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1

Don1977

I don't think you can used the 25% discount on engines. Every so often the drop the price from $699 to $599. I've only see that twice.

• Like 2

maxiblue

yes you can use that 25% on engines I did on my 6hp engine I got, it is only good for one item not total purcheses

• Like 2

312Hydro

If it's the same coupon I got today, no. If ya read that fine print,it's says Predator is excluded.Dont like to be a "Debbie Downer".:text-imsorry:

• Like 1

Ed Kennell

Just got my magnifier to read the fine print.      Bummer.

• Like 1

slammer302

A member here name Bowtieguy did the swap on a C-175 and he said it worked great.

• Like 1

SPINJIM

Yeh, I received the same HF brochure today.   You need a magnifying glass to read the exclusions listed on the 25% off coupon, but it does say it can't be used on Predator engines.   I tried to buy the smaller 6.5 Predator with a coupon awhile back, and couldn't.   Best bet is to just wait until the Predator you want goes on sale.  It's still a good deal without the coupon.

Jim

• Like 1

Wheel-N-It

Just now getting back to this thread and see your question has already been answered. Yes, unfortunately those coupons do not apply to Predator engines. If they did I would already have a few myself LOL

Edited by Wheel-N-It
  • Like 1

Wishin4a416

I dont think you can use it in store on Predator products. But! Try it online with the code and I have heard it will go through.I have never tryed it. Just heard others say.

• Like 2

shallowwatersailor

I have used the 25% coupon online and had the engine (13 hp) shipped to me, even though the HF store is only five miles away. All they can say is no! The trick is to not talk to anyone.

• Like 3

Wishin4a416
28 minutes ago, shallowwatersailor said:

I have used the 25% coupon online and had the engine (13 hp) shipped to me, even though the HF store is only five miles away. All they can say is no! The trick is to not talk to anyone.

Like your Latin John! A tidbit we use at work a lot. Primum non nocere.

• Like 2

bowtieguy
On 8/27/2016 at 9:09 PM, slammer302 said:

A member here name Bowtieguy did the swap on a C-175 and he said it worked great.

The C-175 w/ 22 hp HF engine will be at Dexters M & G next month.....come see it along with all of Larry and Judy's great Wheel Horse collection......(.I bought the engine when it was on sale for 549 bucks... NO on the coupons....)

• Like 1