Red144runner

3/12 coming along

Red144runner

Slowly bringing my 3/12 up to speed. Like any other older equipment or truck even I like to go thru it, inspect/replace worn or broken parts change all fluids, grease all the fittings, clean it etc. 

first I replaced the fuel pump, then I got rid of the silver wheels and tires. I like white wheels and had some old school white wheels and Goodyear terratires, a bit cracked but tubed and hold air. 

Next I replaced the 6 year old battery, after that I changed the oil. The Uni-drive was next, I drained, flushed with diesel and filled with 85/140. I greased the zerk fittings and tune up was complete. I felt confident about running it now. Finally I worked on the mow deck. It's in great shape. I pulled the blades and sharpened them, scraped, wire brushed and pressure washed the deck then two coats of rust oleum and greased the spindles. 

Today I finally got to use it. It runs fantastic. All the gears work, shifts great hi/lo no problem. Engine is an overachiever. Feels stronger than 12hp. I ran it at work today thru 8" wet grass up a hilly pasture and it didn't miss a beat. I've used many different mowers and this cuts as good as the best of them. I'm on the hunt for more imements now.

wheels painted

image_zpsbhiqbpun.jpg

Mounted

image_zpslnb9w2dy.jpg

My water shotgun, and a clean 3/12

image_zpszh2co3gi.jpg

cleaned my other red stuff. Missing are 2 toro snowblowers and a 1985 toro proline 36" and another proline 21". In the pic are my 2005 proline 36", the horse deck and a 1996 proline 21" with a Suzuki 2stroke. I'm a toro guy.

image_zpsalscvsrr.jpg

Edited by Red144runner
  • Like 5

Retired Wrencher

Red144runner  :WRS: Look like you have it under control looks nice. If you keep it that way it will last a life time. Maybe get some flat black high temp paint = 2000 degrees and touch up the muffler.  Enjoy.

Edited by T1257 RETIRED WRENCHER.
  • Like 1

Red144runner
9 hours ago, T1257 RETIRED WRENCHER. said:

Red144runner  :WRS: Look like you have it under control looks nice. If you keep it that way it will last a life time. Maybe get some flat black high temp paint = 2000 degrees and touch up the muffler.  Enjoy.

Funny you say that. Painted it today with some leftover wood stove paint. Also picked up a rattle can each of toro red and black for touch up

Wheel-N-It

I can tell you are all about maintenance. That's good. With that attitude you'll get a lifetime of enjoyment out of your 312.

Tankman

All the red is excellent! PM (preventative maintenance) is the key! Looks like you got it!  :handgestures-thumbupright: