Bert

Happy horse owner

Bert

After almost two years of down time I finaly got around to retesting my 1990 520 h. 

After I bought it I noticed it was leaking oil from the oil filter mount and that the motion control was always in a bind, as well as finding a crack in the frame and because it fell outta the truck bed.  I had to weld in reinforcements on the frame, replace the hood with a nos non vented one, replaced theimage.jpeg gasket and cleaned the mess, also installed one of matts foot controls and gear reduction steering . Then it sat for awhile, last weekend I was considering robbing some parts off it then decided to get it going instead. 

I'm more than happy with it now and noticed that it was really fast? 

I had to do some sweet talking but got my wife to race me across the front yard with my 520 hc..... Same ground speed! 

Must have a leftover 89 hc gear that was used up in 1990:greetings-clappingyellow:

• Like 9

JVDWheelHorse

Awesome! I hope no one was hurt when it fell out of the truck!

• Like 2

Bert

Hurt my feelings and scared my dog. 

If that counts:wacko:

• Like 2

Wheel-N-It

Bert, nice 520! I've got a louvered 520 hood you can have but it needs repainting. 

Wife??? When did you get married? Still hoping we can get together this Fall at my place.

Bert, nice 520! I've got a louvered 520 hood you can have but it needs repainting. 

Wife??? When did you get married? Still hoping we can get together this Fall at my place.

• Like 2

AMC RULES

Sweet talkin' the wife to race :wh: tractors...priceless.    :handgestures-thumbsup:  

• Like 2

Retired Wrencher

Bert  Very nice Job bring it back. Just an F.Y.I. look at the bolts sticking of the wheel weights. Maybe trim them back. I have hit my leg one IT HURSTS LIKE HECK.

• Like 2

Bert
19 hours ago, Wheel-N-It said:

I've got a louvered 520 hood you can have but it needs repainting. 

Still hoping we can get together this Fall at my place.

Thanks for the offer but I really like the look of the non louvered hood. :)

I hope we can get together as well. 

10 hours ago, AMC RULES said:

Sweet talkin' the wife to race :wh: tractors...priceless.    :handgestures-thumbsup:  

Not sure how I pulled that off:scratchead:

10 hours ago, T1257 RETIRED WRENCHER. said:

Bert  Very nice Job bring it back. Just an F.Y.I. look at the bolts sticking of the wheel weights. Maybe trim them back. I have hit my leg one IT HURSTS LIKE HECK.

Yep sure dose hurt :ranting: tomorrow I'm gunna trim them and adjust the brake and hydro. 

• Like 2