ChaplainManny

Identifying a Horse with no name

ChaplainManny

I have an interesting situation. 

I have three tractors I got back in March.
Each one was/is in various phases of restoration/refurbishment at the time of purchase; and with different parts missing.

Recently while researching the ID tags one of the tractor's ID tag rendered confusing results.

The decals on the hood of the tractor say it's an "8 - 4 speed", but the ID tag on the side says the Model number is: RM327.

Researching the model number results in a 32" rear discharge deck.

Am I missing something here?

Are there any techniques, or methods to determine the model name/number of a Horse with a missing ID tag?

Thank you. 

Chaplain Manny 

Edited by ChaplainManny
  • Like 3

C-101plowerpower

its a noname 8 hp, there was a series of noname tractors and you've got one of them:)

• Like 2

gwest_ca

This should be the one

The HS is for horizontal engine crankshaft. In 1973 there was also a vertical crankshaft VS engine used with the same model name - 8hp 4-Speed

Garry

• Like 4

rmaynard

Manny, 

The "no name" 1973 8 HP 4-speed is the predecessor of the B-80 4-speed. How about posting a picture of the RM327 ID tag and it's location on the tractor. My guess is that the previous owner put a decal or ID sticker (tag) in the wrong location. Stickers and ID tags for accessories weren't normally found on the tractor itself.

Edited by rmaynard
  • Like 6

ChaplainManny

2016-08-26 17.14.34.jpgHere are images of the ID tag, and it's location on the tractot.

Edited by ChaplainManny

gwest_ca

Both ID plates were likely removed for painting and got reinstalled on the wrong product. Do you have the 32" deck?

Garry