Sign in to follow this  
whfan74

What is your set-up?

whfan74

Good afternoon everyone!

I was curious to see what everyone has for a family set-up. I have a 2 1/2 year old daughter that loves to go out and plow the driveway with dad. We are expecting a little boy the end of February.

As I was plowing a friends driveway in the neighborhood he said what am I going to do when she gets older??????

I mentioned I will hopefully be able to get more driveways done in the same amount of time. Then I told him that I need to get a 3rd set-up ready for my little boy when he gets old enough. Granted I am quite a few years away from starting my little plowing company, but it made me wonder what you guys have set up as far as family play time on the little red tractors?

Teddy da Bear

We don't have/can't have children. (wife had cancer).

I do try to get my little wife (4'-10" & 93lbs) to

get out and use our tractors.

Here she is....after the big melt......ready to go out and run down a few pesky moles!

100_0968.jpg

C-Series14

Indy, my Austrailian Shepherd...that's all I need...

Sparky

My 13 year old son has a C-85 with a 36" RD deck and a 42" plow so I have help if I need it. Of course I have to ASK him to do any grass mowing or snow-plowing but he will do it if asked. I bought him for X-mas a set of digital AM/FM stereo headphones that double as hearing protection. Figure maybe if he could listen to some of his horrible music :hide: while mowing/ plowing he might be more tempted to get on his tractor.

Mike.........

jerrell

:hide: My son (11) and i love fishing and when he is out of school we go as often as we can, i love tinkering in the shop and rebuilding things, making modifications when i think i can improve on things, sometimes i really mess them up :D

I got my son a go-cart a year ago, 6.5 hp, b/s and he was driving it down the drive way, he turned the wheel and the steering locked up and the thing turned upside down and caught fire, it had roll bars on it and thank god he didn.t get burned. i got rid of that thing in a hurry, but now my son is a little shy about getting on anything like that. he will drive the c-175 around but you can tell he is a little leary of it. he helps me with the GT 1800 putting it back together , i start the bolts and he tightens them up and we get along great, he and my wife likes sitting in the shop and talking, tinkering, i think they like to get out of the house , my son and i stay on the computer when it's bad weather ,

Guest fireman

Two boys, 6 1/2 and 9. Both love driving the tractors. The younger one likes to help work on them. I let them plow a little (in first gear and low thottle :hide: ) during the last snow fall with me walking along side.

M J

The husband & I have been married 26 years we have two daughters 25 & 24 & 3 grand children 7 1/2 years old 4 1/2 years old and 9 months.

stevebo

I have a 5 year old girl and a 2 year old boy who loves tractors. Every time he sees one (ebay or this site etc) he goes RRRMMM RRRMMM. So for Christmas I went to TS and bought hm a pedal tracor (JD) but it did not stay those colors for long. I painted it wheelhorse red,white and black. I was ordering stickers and Terry ended up sending me a few extra D180 stickers that are on it. It really looks cool

Oh ya forgot to mention I restored my C175 (on ebay tonight) and after painting it and putting back together and parked in the shed I hear ding,ding,ding..Thought that was strange then I realized it was my son tapping the paint off the seat pan :hide: Not happy but I love him!!

bell

I have 2 girls... Allison (10) and Courtney (9)... They both have their own tractors.

Courtney has a 876

lineup013.jpg

and Allison has a Kohler (k91) powered Lawn Ranger.

lineup011.jpg

We often get them out and just cruise around the yard/ neighborhood. Occasionally, I'll hitch up the 7-2111 4-wheel wagon and take them for a ride.

1227081526_0001.jpg

lineup002.jpg

Then, sometimes, they just drive one of mine around...

Here's Courtney driving my 754...

1227081536_0001.jpg

I've been trying to get my wife to ride one, but she just won't give.

HorseFixer

Jon nice lookin youngins! :hide: Keep um driving those tractors, that will discourage the boyz! :D

linen beige

Jon nice lookin youngins! :D Keep um driving those tractors, that will discourage the boyz! :hide:

I totally agree with the first part but the second? :hide:

That's the kind of girl to have! This is the wife's first tractor ride!

HPIM0164.jpg

And our twins first tractor ride!

HPIM0161.jpg

I told the wife the RJ was to match the 400 so the girls could have something to ride, but I think now I need a 1054 to match the 1054A they're on here (I do have the original turf tires on near mint rims.)

whfan74

Nothing better than seeing the little ones have fun with the adults.....or is it the other way around. I appreciate all of the responses.

My 2 1/2 year old and I went out to the barn today and pulled the 551 out along with the wagon to pick up some debris from the recent weather here in Northern Indiana. Just before I fired up the 551 my little girl said "that is my tractor daddy!"

She gave her dad a huge smile (even though I am without a tractor to call mine now, they all seem to be hers! :hide: )

sshell

I have 2 boys and 2 girls. My boys are 14 and 12 years of age and both love to work the Horses. My girls are 8 years old and 8 months old, the 8 year old loves em as well.

Picture233.jpg

Picture234.jpg

100_1312.jpg

kpinnc

I have 3 girls. 11, 4, and 3...

I'm trying to "train" the 11 year old to mow. She would just rather race me around the yard.

Picture001.jpg

The 4 year old can drive the 514 (520-H) or the Bronco like a champ. She completely understands all the controls, and does very well.

muledrive190.jpg

The three year-old just thinks she's supposed to keep up with her big sisters. She prefers the Lawn Ranger, but I don't let her drive it because it has no foot rests.

muledrive192.jpg

I bought them their own, but they don't like it:

IM000291-1.jpg

Kevin