bob's toy

23x8.5-12 lug tires

bob's toy

I am now ready for some ag tires for my restored 1267. Looking at Miller tires I see the Firestone's but very pricey. What is the best brand for the money. I have looked at BKT. Carlisle and the Firestone brand but not sure which would have the best fit and good looks. Anyone have an idea, maybe even shoot me a picture of what you have on your WH. Any help would be a big help. By the way I am ordering the 3 rib front tires from Miller tonight. Thank you.

AMC RULES

For the money...    :twocents-twocents:

it's hard to beat them Carlisles. 

• Like 5

Tankman

:text-yeahthat:Carlisles from Miller. :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 3

benji756

check prices at greater cleveland tire thats where I bought my deestones

• Like 1

bob's toy

Thank you all for the input. Have some time to do some more research. Did order the 3 rib from Miller. Now for those rear tires. Thanks again. Will post pictures soon.

scotty

23x8.50-12 BKT Trenchers on my B-80. They wear very well and offer good traction.

14060174_1134044893318653_1929007956_o.jpg

• Like 2

RedRanger

For quality I'd stay with Carlisle.

• Like 2

jdleach

In another post concerning hides (rubber), I mentioned that I too, had been doing the tire study thing. 

After consideration of numerous factors, such as my utter contempt for most Asian goods, quality, durability, appearance, and of course price. I have chosen the Carlisle route. 

As a disclaimer regarding American products, let it be known that Carlisle is now owned by an international rubber corporation, Indian  if I remember correctly. Still, most of their rubber is still made here in the same old plant. New company name is Calstar.

The above said, I found the Carlisle Tru-Power ag. type tires to be quite good looking, and appear to have a deeper cleat than the others. It fairly breathes "TRACTOR". As for the most reasonable vendor, Summit Racing had the 23X8.50-12 for around $84 each, and free shipping. It was the best all-around deal I could source.

• Like 2

Adam Bish

Firestone from Miller are salty. But they look very good and wear like iron.  The Carlisle area good quality tire as well 

• Like 1