Anspaughfarms

1056 resto

Anspaughfarms

I decided to spare you all the photos of the tare down and skip to the good stuff. What do you guys think of the colors? Am I close to authentic?

image.jpeg

before

image.jpeg

• Like 6

PeacemakerJack

Looks sharp to me (of course I'm partial to short frames;) what colors did you use?

• Like 1

Anspaughfarms

Case Ih 2150 red with hardener. Light gray primer. Krylon ivory gloss on the rims

• Like 2

Anspaughfarms

Case Ih 2150 red with hardener. Light gray primer. Krylon ivory gloss on the rims

Ken B

Looks good from here! Nice job...

• Like 1

Mike'sHorseBarn

Very nice! I have always used Case IH red paint with hardener as well......can't beat the results! Never used krylon paint before but the wheel color looks good to me! Nice job!

PeacemakerJack
2 hours ago, Anspaughfarms said:

That is a great combination.  The "white" portion of our horses tends to be more of a personal taste.  Some guys tend to stay more to the stark, I'll call it "Snow White" while others like a more off white shade like you chose.  My dad elected to go with the krylon almond color.  Honestly though, I think yours looks just fine.  As long as you like it, that's what's most important.  We want to see more pictures and hear more about your horse.  The back story is interesting too. Where did you get it, how long have you had it, what are your future plans for it (show only duty or moderate worker), what made you decide to restore a wheel horse, etc?  If you get serious about posting pics, I highly recommend becoming a supporter, that way you can post lots more pics without running out of "data space".  Thanks for sharing your machine with us and keep on working away!

• Like 1

Anspaughfarms

ill do my best here with the back story. While servicing a John Deere rider for a former boss 3 weeks ago, I saw the red paint under a tarp in the back of a barn. I offered him $300 dollars for the tractor, deck, snow blade, snow blower(single stage) and lawn aerator. It also came with two sets of chains, and home made wheel weights. It had belonged to his wife's uncle. Repainted once some where in its past. It had been stored since the early 90's. With a set of points, a carb rebuilt and cleaning, and fresh gas it fired right up but smoked. Starter generator works well too. The motor was tore down and miced. It was still factory. Full rebuild(.10 over piston and .10 under rod)  I'm a fan of everything built in America back in the good old days. It's built stronger, better materials, and obviously lasts along time.  I'm 34 years old but everything I own is much much older than I am. I go through them, make them as like new as I can, and teach friends and neighbors how the stuff works. I plan to put this tractor back to work. I take good care of my equipment, so it will get a wax in the spring, and in the fall when she gets put to bed till snow flys. I hope to find a plow and disc to work my garden. My hope is that my grand kids will learn to drive it, just like I learned on my granpas wheel horse. 

• Like 4

PeacemakerJack

:text-goodpost::text-yeahthat:

• Like 1

Anspaughfarms

I gotta give a shout out to redo your horse .com. I had a question about my order and within hours got a call from the boss man himself. Good folks. Looking forward to getting my decals

Anspaughfarms

My ignition switch is a bit iffy. What do you guys recommend for a replacement. I've been on a few websites and found 70a ignition switches. But do they still produce a factory replacement for an older horse?

Anspaughfarms

Looking online it appears I've placed my wheel horse side decals too far forward by 4" based off "factory tractor" photos. Guess the tractor police will have something to scoff at

gwest_ca
On 8/25/2016 at 5:56 PM, Anspaughfarms said:

My ignition switch is a bit iffy. What do you guys recommend for a replacement. I've been on a few websites and found 70a ignition switches. But do they still produce a factory replacement for an older horse?

Ignition switch 4988 (5/8"-32 threads) replaced by 7263 (9/16"-24 threads)

[Switch 4988 battery ignition w/starter-gen used 1964-67 superseded to 7263] [Switch 7263 battery ignition used 1967-68] 

Still available from Toro

https://www.partstree.com/parts/toro/parts/7263/

Garry

• Like 1

Anspaughfarms

Well. After 6 weeks at the shop, my k241 is reassembled, painted and back in her frame. Fired right up after the fuel system was primed up. Shakes a bit at an idle but I think that's to be expected. Pic to come once I get her out of the shop

Wishin4a416

Looks great! I like that body style.

19richie66

Beautiful so far!