Sa-Bear

1968 Wheelhorse Lawn Ranger

Sa-Bear

Hi,

I posted a couple of days ago about the Lawn Ranger I had just purchased and I received some very quick responses from some members on here helping me identify it, so I'm hoping to have a similar response to my next question.........

Where is the best place to source spare parts for the said Lawn Ranger?? I am based in the UK so the easiest option would be to also buy in the UK, but realise this could be an issue.  We do however have a contact in the US though who could maybe help with the transportation of parts over seas, so I'm not ruling out buying from the US.

I know for certain that I'm going to need the drive belt cover, decals and also it didn't come with the mower deck so it would be nice to have one of these too as id like it to look as original as possible.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

stevasaurus

@meadowfield in the UK near you does decals.  this link.  If he does not do Lawn Rangers, @Vinylguy here in the states has them and they are awesome.

www.restorationdecals.co.uk -

We have a member here in the states that makes after market belt guards.  I can't remember who at the moment, but someone will fill in that blank.  :)

Place a want ad in the Classified section below for the deck and anything else you might need...you may get lucky and find one that is over there.  Should not be to hard to find one from this side of the pond...if needed.

• Like 1

TDF5G

I would suggest the classifieds page here on the RS forum.  There are particular threads for UK.  You may also find parts on ebay although not too many bargains.

Edited by TDF5G
  • Like 1

meadowfield

what parts do you need?

We have 4 rangers, one is more than likely a parts tractor now...  but I think yours might be the earlier one.

I do decals for both...

• Like 1

neil

Keep your eye on eBay as the lawn rangers often pops up and it may be possible to get complete a parts tractor ,  shipping parts from US can work out quite expensive , I  have shipped complete tractors from US and the import charges are quite painful .

which Type of lawn Radner do you have , does it have the round type hood ?

• Like 1

Sa-Bear
On Wednesday, August 24, 2016 at 11:46 AM, meadowfield said:

what parts do you need?

We have 4 rangers, one is more than likely a parts tractor now...  but I think yours might be the earlier one.

I do decals for both...

We need the belt cover ( as its pretty dangerous without!!) and the original square shaped seat for starters. It's a 1968 model so has the rounded bonnet/hood.

meadowfield

Doh, can't help you with them, however the guards can by folded by most competent sheet metal places...

• Like 1