Sign in to follow this  
Ammoguy

Pulse/Plasma Plugs

Ammoguy

Would it be safe to stick one of those new high tech pulsa/plasma plugs in my K301, or would it be too much heat? :hide:

bitten

AMMO

I have thought of installing one and see if it works and better. I would be very interisted in hearing what some others thought.

P.J.

WheelHorse_of_course

The heat rating is the capacity of the plug to draw heat away from the engine head. If you can cross reference to the OEM recommended plug I would not be too worried about the heat rating.

That said, I would personally wary about gimmic spark plugs of any kind. I recall reading about various "special" plug in the JC Whitney catalog since I was about 12, 30 years ago!

If any of these gimmic-plugs worked you would see them in every single new cars given that both pollution and gas mileage are things the auto industry have to pay attention too. If they performed anywhere close to their claims it would be a no-brainer for the auto-makers to pay even 2 or 3 times as much for them.

So, go ahead and give em a try, but IMHO any positive results will be the placebo effect ! :hide:

R :D LF