Sign in to follow this  
nylyon

Poor neighbors Craftsman

nylyon

So I took the long way around the block, and in my neighbors back yard was a poor Craftsman tractor with the rear axle broken. It must have broke when he took a turn too hard. Now the dilema, do I offer up the spare tractor until he gets a new one? (probably not worth fixin the old craftsman) or pretend I never saw it?

Sparky

Tough call. If you loan him one of yours he wont be as quick to get it fixed or replaced as he would with no tractor and the grass still growin. Is he a good/favorite neighbor? I plow out some of my neighbors in the winter but never give up a tractor. Maybe you could mow his grass once as a favor to give him a little more time to get his problem taken care of. Remember if he gets the Wheel Horse fever there will be even less Wheel Horses for sale in your neck of the woods than there are now :D .

Mike.....

Rollerman

I loaned a buddy my B-160 to mow with.

His son then broke it & friend went out & bought a new Z turn!...LOL

Now I'm needing to go retrieve it "3 hour drive" & bring it home for repairs.

I agree with Mike...you loan him one of your & he'll be in no hurry to do anything about his.

Maybe help him with the yard & point him to a local add paper.....tip him off that rather than buying the stamped tin vertical shaft powered mower that he should look for a bargain on a Horse, Cub, Bolens, Case? you name it, all an upgrade from a Sears.

My father has a 2 year old craftman LT something in his garage.

Its a peace of junk...I found him a 310 for a 3rd of the price & it hasn't broke once.

Stephen in northern IN....rambling again

nylyon

Yep, you're right, gonna keep my (hard to find around here) Wheel Horses here in the barn, ok it's really a shed but calling it a barn makes it sound like it's really big! Besides Ed is on the larger side, which may have contributed to the demise of the Craftsman and I think my 414 is a high mileage machine.