82Caddy

Give me an education on round fenders

953 nut
On 8/10/2016 at 0:52 PM, achto said:

could be figured out with a hydro too. 

Might be able to get the seat spring to wrap around the hydro pump; bet some member has already done it.     :wwp:

• Like 2

82Caddy
12 hours ago, Cjb said:

I built the exact tractor that you are talking about!  Started with an 854 that was missing the motor, hood , belt guard and a lot more.  Found a pretty nice square hood and built my own version.

image.jpeg

That's basically exactly what I'd want to build.

• Like 2

Shynon

I would start with an 855-857. Tight turning radius excellent tractor. I think Scott has a nice original for sale in classifieds 

• Like 2

82Caddy
1 hour ago, Shynon said:

I would start with an 855-857. Tight turning radius excellent tractor. I think Scott has a nice original for sale in classifieds 

I saw those and they look like a solid starting platform...I just don't know anyone going that way and I won't have an opportunity to get away anytime soon to get anything.

• Like 1

WHX??

:text-yeahthat:That's choice Cjb...  where you been hiding that tractor??

On ‎8‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 10:36 AM, stevasaurus said:

take a good look at these pictures from Scott's thread.

Yeah but Scott's @whfan74 a hoarder and has a real problem... gettin him to part with them like might be..... .well lets just say it would be easier to abolish the 2nd amendment!!

@prondzy I'll take one of thos 702's as long as you are looking ...they seem to be real rare over here!

stevasaurus

@82Caddy  Scott's got a M&G the 1st Saturday in October if you end up buying something from him.  Details are down in the "Red square Herd" section.  :)

82Caddy

2 minutes ago, stevasaurus said:

@82Caddy  Scott's got a M&G the 1st Saturday in October if you end up buying something from him.  Details are down in the "Red square Herd" section.  :)

I saw that.  It's 8+ hours one way for me and not something I can attend at this time.  I have family commitments that weekend.

whfan74

I have everything available for you.....tractor, fenders, tool box, transmissions if you decide to swap it out.  Just let me know.  Not a hoarder here by any means.

• Like 3

Elkskin's mower junkyard
33 minutes ago, whfan74 said:

I have everything available for you.....tractor, fenders, tool box, transmissions if you decide to swap it out.  Just let me know.  Not a hoarder here by any means.

lol we all have a hoarding problem lol. tractors are like potato chips cant have just 1 lol

82Caddy

Random question, anyone know a rough estimate on the weight of a 1056? 

CasualObserver

Approx 550 lbs give or take.

82Caddy

Sweet, I was thinking 6-650.  Thanks!

Shynon
1 hour ago, 82Caddy said:

You probably already know this but just in case. A 1056 is a long frame tractor.

82Caddy
5 hours ago, Shynon said:

You probably already know this but just in case. A 1056 is a long frame tractor.

Yep, price was right so I inquired. Looks like it's sold so back to hunting a short frame.