Uncle Nige

Wheelhorse c-140

Uncle Nige

Guys, I have the above wheel horse but now have a gear box transmission issue which I cannot fix, any ideas where any spares are available in Uk else will sell for spare parts Kohler engine runs fine albeit with no air filter as carb needs a bit of work done on it. Any help would be appreciated I am not a fitter just a tinkerer. Regards Uncle Nige

WP_20160806_13_57_22_Pro.jpg

WP_20160806_13_57_31_Pro.jpg

• Like 2

Racinbob

:WRS:

Give us more information as to what the transmission is doing. You'd be amazed how simple they are and I'm thinking we could talk you through the fix. :)

• Like 1

Anglo Traction

Hi Uncle Nige, Your pretty close to me and I pass through Cuckfield regularly (when they are not digging up the High Street).

Have you had the Tractor long, or just obtained it with the problems?.

As Racinbob says, an idea of your Tranny problem would help. Carb issues can be easily addressed.  

At first glance, I thought someone had hacked the Belt Drive Cover, but remembered it must be the Additional Cover for a Tiller Drive !...rare over here.

Tractor look's to be about 1975, can you post the Model number of the Black plate please?.

Uncle Nige

Bear with me. Could not select any gear and checked the clutch operation but seemed ok I would assume that the gear selector had become detached but did not feel like it!! This machine I inherited a 2nd hand and has been round the block but did do what was required lugging stuff around the cricket club in Cuckfield. I have a colleague who appered to know a lot about motorbikes so he started taking at apart! Dangerous stuff whell bearings collapsed and as the gear box was prised apart we coud not see what the problem was. Even more difficult it would go back together as springs and balls appeared a over the place. got all the bits but not necessarily in the right order!!

WP_20160810_15_54_02_Pro.jpg

WP_20160810_15_54_43_Pro.jpg

WP_20160810_15_55_06_Pro.jpg

Racinbob

It sounds like you need to start from scratch. First, download this manual. You need to refer to section five (V).

Get all the parts laid out so you can determine what you need. Pictures, pictures, pictures. Rather then repeat what's already been written check out the threads in the transmission section and the reference section. Soak in all the information and read the manual carefully. As I said, it's not difficult but can be intimidating at first. Get those pictures posted and we'll go from there. I'm betting that you are a good enough tinkerer that you can do this.:)

Edited by Racinbob

Uncle Nige

Cuckfield a bit of a mess during the day I agree. No we have had it a few years now and been very good. If your passing with a few minutes to spare would be good to touch base. I need to take the transmission off again to have a good look and set all the pieces out, so do not be too quick!!