Jerry77

Wheel horse collection for sale

Jerry77

Hi - I don't know the proper way to get this out,  ..friend of mine was driving on us 36 west of 231 near Morton Indiana and saw a bunch of older wh for sale - round hoods and a factory tricycle set up.,. the guy told my friend that his dad was a collector and had died.. he just wants to sell them ..if you don't mind, please pass this on to the forum in a way that all have a chance to see it. OK? Thanks  Jerry77

• Like 9

elliot ness

If only a tad closer.

• Like 1

WHX??

This wasn't the member here a while back that was asking for advice on best way to go on letting go of his collection is it?? If I recollect he had 40 + horses and was from western IN?? For the love of me I can't remember his handle but I do remember  he had a nice collection that his kids had no interest in. He was getting up in his years and was/has/had lost/losing interest in horses himself and had started a thread at least f-5 months ago  for advice on best way to thin his impressive collection.  He wasn't a real regular here but I think he was a supporter??? If my memory serves me correctly and I know it doesn't :blink: I think he said he was a mechanical engineer or something like that by trade. @Jerry77maybe your friend could shed some more light? Hopefully it's not the guy I'm thinkin of.....

Edited by WHX7

AMC RULES

:rolleyes: Ain't it funny how you can usually remember everything...

except that one little detail that you need to know?  :wacko:

• Like 2

Jerry77
4 hours ago, WHX7 said:

This wasn't the member here a while back that was asking for advice on best way to go on letting go of his collection is it?? If I recollect he had 40 + horses and was from western IN?? For the love of me I can't remember his handle but I do remember  he had a nice collection that his kids had no interest in. He was getting up in his years and was/has/had lost/losing interest in horses himself and had started a thread at least f-5 months ago  for advice on best way to thin his impressive collection.  He wasn't a real regular here but I think he was a supporter??? If my memory serves me correctly and I know it doesn't :blink: I think he said he was a mechanical engineer or something like that by trade. @Jerry77maybe your friend could shed some more light? Hopefully it's not the guy I'm thinkin of.....

953 nut
4 hours ago, WHX7 said:

wasn't the member here a while back that was asking for advice on best way to go on letting go of his collection

Best of my recollection he was in south central Kentucky.    But I have slept since then.    :dunno:

• Like 2

Jerry77

No, I wish I could - friend was just passing thru toward Illinois and gave me a call since he knew I liked WH's . I would go look, but it's a few hours drive and I am interested in the 300-400 series- he said all were older...the only directions I got were west of 231 and east of Morton-sorry.

ronwh

WHX7, 

Could you be thinking about a post from wh500special from O'Fallon Illinois?

Ron

• Like 3

T-Mo
10 hours ago, ronwh said:

WHX7, 

Could you be thinking about a post from wh500special from O'Fallon Illinois?

Ron

I think Steve is younger than I am, so I don't think it would be the same guy.:think:

CasualObserver

@WHX7 you are thinking about Steve @wh500special . He is an engineer by trade and used to live in western IN, but his collection is in southern IL where he now lives... just outside St Louis.

• Like 1

WHX??

Yeah Jason that's is the member and here is his thread.

http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/topic/61501-thinking-about-a-major-downsizing-comments-please/?page=1

My apologies..... Glad to hear it's not you Steve and hopefully this finds you in good health yet! Always scares me to hear about sales like this which might mean we lost a fellow :wh: man.

14 hours ago, AMC RULES said:

Ain't it funny how you can usually remember everything...

except that one little detail that you need to know

Especially when your trying to put 60 yo tractors back together and you were too in a hurry to take dissasembly pics!! :blink:

rmaynard
On 8/8/2016 at 7:56 AM, Jerry77 said:

...and a factory tricycle set up...

:scratchead: I don't think there was such a tractor from Wheel Horse, only owner modifications.

• Like 2

953 nut
17 hours ago, 953 nut said:

south central Kentucky.    But I have slept since then.

3 hours ago, CasualObserver said:

collection is in southern IL

That is the one, I was off by a couple of states, but remember the thread.   :text-blondmoment:      or in my case;   Senior moment!

• Like 2

wh500special

Yep, it was me.  Thanks for all the concern!

Still haven't done much of anything.  Work, family, soccer, dance, softball, fishing, apathy, etc...all get in the way.  I did sell two that were kind of in my way in the garage, but that's it. 

Depending on the weather, this might be the weekend I drag things out and take pictures.  But if it's nice and the White Bass are still biting at Carlyle, then I might have a dilemma.

Steve

• Like 3

hcminis

well....that is only about 20 minutes from me so will be going that way this evening.  Several have said they saw Wheel Horses sitting out there.  One person said they were pretty pricey....

Jerry77

Update:  place where the tractors are is  - Measel's Mini Ranch    765-739-6498    Hope this info helps..

• Like 1

Skeeters65

What does he have over there?

any idea on prices?