953 nut

8-6-1993

953 nut

8-6-1993

The Fugitive movie is released starring Harrison Ford as the man on the run.

The Fugitive is a 1993 American action thriller film based on the 1960s television series of the same name created by Roy Huggins. It was directed by Andrew Davis and stars Harrison Ford and Tommy Lee Jones. After being wrongfully convicted for the murder of his wife, Dr. Richard Kimble (Ford) escapes from custody and sets out to prove his innocence while pursued by a team of U.S. Marshals led by Deputy Samuel Gerard (Jones).

The Fugitive premiered in the United States on August 6, 1993, and was a major critical and commercial success. It was nominated for seven Academy Awards including Best Picture; Jones won the Oscar for Best Supporting Actor. It was followed by a 1998 sequel, U.S. Marshals, in which Jones reprised his role as Gerard.

Filming locations for the motion picture included Cherokee, North Carolina; Tennessee; Chicago; and Dillsboro, North Carolina. Although almost half of the film is set in rural Illinois, a large portion of the principal filming was actually shot in Jackson County, North Carolina in the Great Smoky Mountains. The scene involving Kimble's prison transport bus and a freight train wreck was filmed along the Great Smoky Mountains Railroad just outside Dillsboro, North Carolina. Riders on the excursion railroad can still see the wreckage on the way out of the Dillsboro depot. The train crash cost $1 million to film. The train used during the filming was real, and was done in a single take. Scenes in the hospital after Kimble initially escapes were filmed at Harris Regional Hospital in Sylva, North CarolinaCheoah Dam in Deals Gap was the location of the scene where Kimble jumps from the dam.

The rest of the film was shot in Chicago, Illinois, including some of the dam scenes, which were filmed in the remains of the Chicago freight tunnels. The character Sykes lived in the historic Pullman neighborhood of Chicago. Harrison Ford used the pay phone in the Pullman Pub, at which point he climbs a ladder and runs down the roofline of the historic row houses. During the St. Patrick's Day Parade chase scene, Mayor Richard M. Daley and Illinois Attorney General Roland Burris are briefly shown as participants.

8-6-1993.jpg

• Like 4

Terry M

That was one of my favorite movies at that time...Thanks Richard.

P.S. , for a split second I thought that was a picture of @Shynon at the Pioneer Power swap meet..

• Like 2

rmaynard
23 minutes ago, Terry M said:

That was one of my favorite movies at that time...

Mine too. :)

• Like 2

DougC

I think any movie Harrison Ford stars in is great. I try and record all his stuff on my old trusty vcr  recorder/player..........Remember those?   I still use mine every day and am going to buy several more as spares since they have stopped manufacturing them........

Yeah, I'm an Old Coot from Iowa........:lol:

• Like 1