Bttatro

C141 vs 121-6

Bttatro

Hey everyone!  I'm new to the forum scene,  but have had wheelhorse lawn tractors the majority of my life.   I'm not up to date on the value of these machines and am hoping to find out a little more. 

I currently have a C141 of which I am the second owner.   It has a 42" rear discharge deck,  snow bower,  and snow cab.   I paid $500 for the package and it is my "daily driver" of you will.

I found a 121-6 for sale within a 1.5 hour drive of me for $350 and it looks to be well maintained. 

I guess my questions are:

What is my C141 worth

What is the 121-6 worth

Is my best option to keep what I have? Or go with the newer model? 

Thanks! 

20160731_201837.jpg

20160316_132012.jpg

• Like 4

scotty

I would keep your C 141 as it is a true garden tractor. The 212-6 is vertical shaft and is a lawn tractor which is not as strong. I owned a vertical shaft wheel horse and was not impressed with it at all. I could also not find any attachments for it.

• Like 2

AMC RULES

No brainer there...

keep the 141.   :handgestures-thumbsup:

:WRS:

• Like 2

Bttatro

Sounds good,  thanks for your insight. 

wrightorchid

if you are looking for a new additional tractor (who can stop at just one!)  I would look for a newer 312 or, 414 as these tend to be more common.  Hydro or stick is up to you, depending on how complicated you like things.  The older ones are also much less complicated with regards to electrical needs/gremlins.  Your C-141 is basically an older 314, and good for most anything, and many attachments, (which with the snow cab is great).  You might even look for a much earlier one, just for fun.

• Like 1

muz123

What they said keep the 141! Those 200 series are meant for mowing only unless your me :laughing-rofl:. If it were closer i would snag that 212! :ph34r:

Edited by muz123
  • Like 1

TDF5G

:WRS:

• Like 1

DougC

Hello and :text-welcomeconfetti:Enjoy the forum and the :wh: 141.  

• Like 1

Bttatro

Since I have the audience,  how easy is it to find baggers for a wheelhorse?   I realize I would need a side discharge deck though. 

rmaynard

That's a good looking 212-6, but......

I agree with all the above. Keep the C-141.

• Like 2

jdleach

Rule of thumb: with a Horse, about always try to go with anything that has a horizontal shaft engine. If it has a horizontal shaft, it will be a true garden tractor.

Wheel Horse made some pretty good lawn tractors in the day, ones like the Commando V7. The little V7 had a steel plate frame bolted to an actual cast iron transaxle, very much like the big tractors. Not as many speeds, and certainly not the horsepower, but solid little buggers nonetheless.

• Like 1

roadapples

Agree, C141 and     :WRS:

• Like 1

Daddy Don

:text-welcomeconfetti:

• Like 1

ClassicTractorProfessor

:WRS: Keep the C-141 and buy the 212-6 for a backup machine LOL...but if you can only have one then I would agree with the others and keep the C141. 

1 hour ago, jdleach said:

Rule of thumb: with a Horse, about always try to go with anything that has a horizontal shaft engine. If it has a horizontal shaft, it will be a true garden tractor.

Wheel Horse made some pretty good lawn tractors in the day, ones like the Commando V7. The little V7 had a steel plate frame bolted to an actual cast iron transaxle, very much like the big tractors. Not as many speeds, and certainly not the horsepower, but solid little buggers nonetheless.

Not sure about the newer vertical shaft tractors, but I will say that I have been very impressed with the little Commando V8 that I bought for my wife a few months back...it has a 2" ball on it and I find myself using it to back our trailers in and out of the backyard all the time, very handy to have around. 

image.jpeg

• Like 2

Horse46

Keep the C-141 no brainer.

I have a ride on mower with vertical shaft and a C-161 with a side exit deck, the C series gives me pleasure, the vertical shaft is a perch to cut the grass from, no soul I think they call it.

• Like 1

Gracie's Dad

True story...212-6 would be a poor replacement for the c141, 212-6 is a lawnmower ,a good one at that, but just a lawnmower. C141 is a tractor.

• Like 1