Buckshot1

Portland

Buckshot1

:greetings-clappingyellow: Anybody going to the Portland show? If so and your taking a ride on, what do you do about liability insurance?  :flags-waveusa:

ohiofarmer

AS IN Jay County Portland Indiana?  When is it? And which specific show is it [because there are so many]. I went to the mini bike show and probably will attend the military show.

As for getting around, the rules vary with each show. i think for the antique farm power show that the general public has to park outside--at least I was told to last year. Probably the exhibitors can ride around with their tractors, and i know that golf carts can be rented. Exhibitors can take a dim view if you park on a spot they paid for.

The mini bike show is allowable to cruise around on your bike, but the smaller the better. If you really want to see stuff that means parking your bike and walking.

jdleach

Pretty sure the OP means the Antique tractor show coming up August 24-27.

Don't know about using my Horse to ride around on, but I am tentatively planning on attending. It is a legendary show of immense size, and one I have yet to see. If the bitter half can get a couple days off, will drive up Thursday night, and leave Saturday evening.

Buckshot1
12 hours ago, ohiofarmer said:

AS IN Jay County Portland Indiana?  When is it? And which specific show is it [because there are so many]. I went to the mini bike show and probably will attend the military show.

As for getting around, the rules vary with each show. i think for the antique farm power show that the general public has to park outside--at least I was told to last year. Probably the exhibitors can ride around with their tractors, and i know that golf carts can be rented. Exhibitors can take a dim view if you park on a spot they paid for.

The mini bike show is allowable to cruise around on your bike, but the smaller the better. If you really want to see stuff that means parking your bike and walking.

:greetings-clappingyellow: Yes as in Jay county. Aug. 24-28th. General public parking is across the street from the show.  Flyer states that all ride on vehicles must have liability ins. I have talked to several people at previous shows that said they did not have ins. But in the age of sue crazy people, it is best to have your arse covered. I am checking on the golf cart rental, as Hagerty ins wants 135$ for a year an I am not going for that. Been to the swap meet several times, but not the mini bike show.  :flags-waveusa: 

Buckshot1
27 minutes ago, jdleach said:

Pretty sure the OP means the Antique tractor show coming up August 24-27.

Don't know about using my Horse to ride around on, but I am tentatively planning on attending. It is a legendary show of immense size, and one I have yet to see. If the bitter half can get a couple days off, will drive up Thursday night, and leave Saturday evening.

:greetings-clappingyellow:In all aspects, it really takes all 4 days to check out the complete show.  My Buddy has a brother that lives in Portland, eliminates the motel/hotel, so we stay with him for the 4 days and return to the Fort on Sunday. But do to goofed up schedules this year we will only make the Saturday show. Be safe in your travel and have a good time.  :flags-waveusa: