Sign in to follow this  
Adams94

C195 Drive belt help

Adams94

After i purchased my c195 last fall the drive belt was wrong and slipped, I went to wheel horse(toro) and they had one that had been hanging around for several years so they gave me about a 50% discount on it.  About 25 hours on my hour meter later i look at the belt and it is cracking pretty bad and it is rubbing together under the idler pulley.  No big deal i thought since it was an older belt.  So they ordered me a new one for this model and after installing it i notice that it is close together under the idler, well now(today) it is rubbing most of the time and when reved up you will smell hot belt occasionally.  I rebuilt the hydro disconnect arm because it broke, but it got a new are and spring.  The idler did not look bad and everything runs smooth and i have no other issues. (It was doing this before i installed the new arm and spring),  Not sure where to go from here, dad has had a c195 since the late 80's and has never changed the drive belt to my knowledge,and im gonna go through 2 in a year here before to long.  A shorter belt seems to be the cure but why wont the correct belt from toro work?   Thanks in advance guys!

gwest_ca

I don't know if this one page applies to you or not. I included the C-195 just in case.

Nothing on the drive belt but good to have

Transmission drive belt 109748 - (HB/5L x 87.25" or 5/8" x 87-1/4")

Garry

• Like 1

Adams94

Thanks

Stike

My c195 has about 1/8 inch of space with new belt I think a belt 1 or 1/2  inch smaller would work as the idler pulley has a long swing to engage hydro but have not tried as this new belt  is working. The other thing about this tractor is I got it over time in pieces and built it as I got parts so it may be slightly shifted in reassembly, not factory but all original  parts.

• Like 1

Adams94

That's about the space I had but when it run, especially high throttle when I mow and disc it will vibrate some and then rub. Seems like it may have stretched a little bit so it rubs more often than not now. Probably will end up getting an aftermarket belt I'm guessing.

Stike

Shorter belt may work, i've discovered thess older tractor's do have a mind of their own.

• Like 1

Stike

Maybe a shorter belt and new spring  but not sure. Wish I could be more help but it is a great tractor. A lot of people who have more knowledge than me.

Adams94

I have a new spring. Yea I am thinking shorter belt. Just agrivated lol

Kegler

Original equipment WH belts are far superior to any aftermarket belt on the market, and worth the extra price, even though they may be harder to find.