vmen84

Mobility issue fixed

312Hydro

Great solution. I had a seat for my 312h that the holes would not line up. I just redriled like you did and it worked out ok. Funny how a little thirst quencher makes the job so satisfying when it's done. :handgestures-thumbupright::handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 6

Wheel-N-It

You've got a good father inlaw to drill those two holes. Does he have a drill press? I drilled the spring steel mounts on a 312 without the help of a drill press and boy I had one heck of a time drilling through those two pieces of steel. And of course it was about 100 degrees while I was doing it, so that made the whole thing that much more painful. LOL

• Like 4

ohiofarmer

Just a heads up for you to BE CAREFUL. I moved my seat back on a Raider !0 as I was too fat, too old , or maybe both to even get on the darn thing. Then one day i was on a slope with the front end elevated and decided to get off the mower. Because the seat was moved rearward, when I leaned back and swung my leg over the steering wheel, the seat pan latch let loose and I dropped right on my tail bone.  It took me an hour to somehow get in the truck and drive home and three weeks to be able to lift any kind of weight..I consider myself very lucky not to require surgery to fix things

Just add a 14" bolt with a stop nut to hold the seat pan on and it just tales a minute to remove and then tilt the seat pan back.to check the gear lube level.

Edited by ohiofarmer
  • Like 6

vmen84
52 minutes ago, ohiofarmer said:

Just a heads up for you to BE CAREFUL. I moved my seat back on a Raider !0 as I was too fat, too old , or maybe both to even get on the darn thing. Then one day i was on a slope with the front end elevated and decided to get off the mower. Because the seat was moved rearward, when I leaned back and swung my leg over the steering wheel, the seat pan latch let loose and I dropped right on my tail bone.  It took me an hour to somehow get in the truck and drive home and three weeks to be able to lift any kind of weight..I consider myself very lucky not to require surgery to fix things

Just add a 14" bolt with a stop nut to hold the seat pan on and it just tales a minute to remove and then tilt the seat pan back.to check the gear lube level.

I'll definitely have to look into that I'm not sure but I thought it was some kind of latch does that make a difference or no? 

1 hour ago, Wheel-N-It said:

You've got a good father inlaw to drill those two holes. Does he have a drill press? I drilled the spring steel mounts on a 312 without the help of a drill press and boy I had one heck of a time drilling through those two pieces of steel. And of course it was about 100 degrees while I was doing it, so that made the whole thing that much more painful. LOL

I know he a drill with the drillbit about as big as my index finger.

Edited by vmen84
  • Like 2

T-Mo

Drilling into the seats springs is no easy task as that is hardened steel.  Hats off to your father-in-law for accomplishing that.  As mentioned, you have a good father-in-law to help you out as he did.

BTW, I don't know if you're interested, but there is a Wheel Horse meet and greet event September 17 in Warsaw, Missouri.  I am planning on being there.

• Like 1

ACman

If this helps , I was looking into a locking swivel base for one of my projects . They come in at different price points ($20 at cabelas) and options . Just google locking swivel seat mounts and a bunch will pop up . Good luck .

• Like 1

WheelHorseNut
3 hours ago, ACman said:

If this helps , I was looking into a locking swivel base for one of my projects . They come in at different price points ($20 at cabelas) and options . Just google locking swivel seat mounts and a bunch will pop up . Good luck .

This is a great idea!  I was just getting ready to make a seat mount for my B-80's replacement seat... This is intriguing!

Cabela's Locking Swivel Seat Mount

953 nut
9 hours ago, T-Mo said:

Drilling into the seats springs is no easy task as that is hardened stee

If you heat a small point where you want to drill the hole and let it cool you reduce the hardness and make drilling much easier. 

• Like 2

vmen84
On August 2, 2016 at 11:12 AM, ACman said:

That's a great idea but the only problem is even with the swivel seat I would still have to get my legs over the transmission in the middle and with the way everything is set up I don't have enough room to get my foot over the area because I don't have enough Bend in my legs I've only got about a 40° bend in each leg maybe a little bit more 

ACman

I thought maybe if you got one that also could slide back , that would allow for a little more room . I'm wheel chair bound and always thinking of ways of making things easier.

• Like 2

vmen84

Back to the drawing board I'm not sure if I have a situation or not but I notice that after I mowed the other day I'm very sore on both sides of my hips I'm not sure if it's from the motion of how I get on the mower because I basically have to pivot. My question is even if I got a swivel seat would I still have to do the same motion to get my legs over this transmission? Because I'm basically  having to put both my legs over the steering wheel right now and I'm not 100% sure but I think that's what's making me so sore I've tried to get my legs over the transmission but I just don't have enough bend in them and I definitely don't like being this sore so any ideas are welcomed

Wildside

Vince try putting something on your seat to raise you higher so you don't have to raise yur leg so high, you can remove it after you are on the tractor.

• Like 2

Wheel-N-It
9 hours ago, Wildside said:

Vince try putting something on your seat to raise you higher so you don't have to raise yur leg so high, you can remove it after you are on the tractor.

Good idea!

vmen84

I will definitely have to give that a try