Retired Wrencher
16 hours ago, wedge said:

Achto : I pulled the drain plug and the oil came out Clean. So that being said and no leaks I think I am good to go with a refill.

WHX7 : I hear ya on the roll pin ! Going to take it slow. Hate to tear up the steering wheel as it is in pretty good shape. Has a slight bend but not all beaten up.

I will post more pics when I get back on it. Working two jobs sucks ! But need the funds to keep going at it !! LOL!!

Wedge on older trannys I use Lucas trans leak stop. 40% mix. Most times I do not have to change out seals at least the 2 hub seals. They are hard to get most of the time. It shifts real smooth.

wedge

I am looking at a belt guard for this 400. Can anyone post a pic of one please.

I found one that a guy says is off a 61 but not sure as I never got one with the tractor.

Still sitting as I am not sure on what way to go with the rebuld. Depends if I can find the original Style engine !

Thanks guys up front ;)

Achto

Saw one on flea bay for $50. 60 &61 should be the same I believe.

Racinbob

They are the same for all practical purposes. It's said that this one is for a 61 with the crossed hump thingy where the 60 only has one vertical hump thingy. :)

Belt guard.jpg

Repop Belt Guard.JPG

Edited by Racinbob
  • Like 1

AMC RULES

Pretty sure, Joe Papke just had a production run of the correct '60 guards made up. 

Should be available as we speak.  :handgestures-thumbsup:

• Like 1

Racinbob

Sent you a PM with contact info @wedge

wedge

Well had to start on a head gasket job and Kart wheel repair yesterday so I had alittle time to pick at my 400.

I removed the seat cover and this is what I saw. WOW !!! I am think along with most of you guys on this. I may just clean and repair the cracks in the hood and put a stock like engine on her and roll it out as is !?!?

Also thought of that with Fresh Shinny wheels for that contrast Pop !

As always I am open to your all's input .

0820161333-00.jpg

• Like 1

Ed Kennell

:text-yeahthat: gets my vote.

wedge

What do you all think of this engine for the 400 ? I plan on toneing the look down some so it looks like it belongs on it ?

techum.jpg

techum2.jpg

• Like 1

WHX??

That might work but a test fit would be in order. Can you lose the fuel tank and plumb in the original? Might have to do something with the exhaust as well or the leg is gonna get hot! How did you make out on getting the steering wheel off?

• Like 1

TDF5G

Paint it red and go ahead!

:)

wedge

Well it is with a Heavy Hart that I must post this 400 for Sale ! I had a bad run with an illness and work so funds dictate I must sell off some projects.

It is back together and Not reworked in any way. Just reassembled it to move in the shop.

I will let the New engine I got for it go with. I thought I would post it here First so someone will respect it for what it is !

I am asking $500. for it but am open to offers (close) if need be.

The other Commando 6 is for sale also so check out my posts.

After I get over this hump I will be back in the swing of things ! Thank you ALL here for your help and support in my hobby.

You can Tex or Call me At (717)-5214205

Or PM me here.

Thank you

Tj

• Like 1

slim67

Sorry to hear the bad news. I hope you will find a buyer who appreciates it as much as you do. Glad to see you will be back with something else in the future, Good luck wedge.

• Like 1

953 nut

:text-yeahthat:      I had lost track of this thread and now understand why. Hope thing improve rapidly. 

Chris G

Wish ya the best with everything!

wedge

Thank you My friends !

I am doing good now but am up against all the bills of Our Great  health system !

I will recover and start a new project as Time permits that's for sure. Just hate to see these sit !

Again Thank you All for your support !!

• Like 3

WHX??

Suggestion Wedge....can you sell it to a nearby member who  would be kind enough to "hold" it for you when times/medical things improve?

• Like 1