Ed Kennell

Yeah, I'll definitely have the seat harness cinched down Dick.

That brings up a question though....how is the hi/lo lever attached.  I was thinking about taking it off and shortening the vertical sleeve,  but I don't see any set screws.

• Like 2

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Lookin good. Let's call it, "Eds lead sled" . 

Glenn

• Like 2

bmsgaffer
9 hours ago, Ed Kennell said:

Yeah, I'll definitely have the seat harness cinched down Dick.

That brings up a question though....how is the hi/lo lever attached.  I was thinking about taking it off and shortening the vertical sleeve,  but I don't see any set screws.

I think its a roll pin...

• Like 2

Ed Kennell

I'll have to look again., but if it's a pin, I probably won't try to change it and create a bigger problem.

WHX??

Nice work Ed, on that carb is that the same one for 241's & 301's?? For that kind of money I'm thinkin a guy should have one on the shelf for a spare?? Do/Can they use all the linkage & gas connections?

Ed Kennell

Thanks Jim, I think the 301, 321 and 341 are the same, but the 181 and 241 use a smaller carb.

Mine came with a 5/16 barbed fitting for the fuel, but it is metal and threaded, so it can be changed.

The throttle linkage rod was included and a perfect match.

The choke lever was to the rear of the choke shaft which not correct for WH.   But not much of a problem to change.  I understand they can be bought either way If you look closely at the choke design.  I really didn't  care for my rat rod and the way this 321 starts, I haven't had to use the choke.   At $34.99 and free shipping, I'll never bother to clean or rebuild a Walbro.

• Like 3

WHX??
1 minute ago, Ed Kennell said:

I'll never bother to clean or rebuild a Walbro

Agreed Ed ...understanding these are Chinese knockoffs but work fairly well. My quick research just found out they are different for the 241/301 and larger 14/16 HP,  how they are different :confusion-shrug:.  Sorry for going off on carb issues on yer thread ...can you guess what my current Kohler problems are? :) 

Ed Kennell

The way these Kohlers run with some hand sprayed fuel, I'm starting to think FUEL INJECTION.

An electric pump, an  adjustable needle jet valve that is cable controlled .....:confusion-confused:....one more project.

• Like 4

WHX??

That what made me think of the carb thing, last nite for me I

16 hours ago, Ed Kennell said:

finally got fire and got it running by hand feeding fuel in the carb.

bmsgaffer
1 hour ago, Ed Kennell said:

The way these Kohlers run with some hand sprayed fuel, I'm starting to think FUEL INJECTION.

An electric pump, an  adjustable needle jet valve that is cable controlled .....:confusion-confused:....one more project.

I have wanted to do it forever, but I have never had the capability for making what the kit needed (or the money to pay for the custom stuff) http://www.ecotrons.com/products/small_engine_fuel_injection_kit/

You could probably increase the fuel efficiency of the Kohlers by 50% at least.... Then you could add a turbo: http://www.ecotrons.com/products/small_engine_rhb31_vz21_turbocharger/ :-o 

You, on the other hand could handle any custom fab stuff needed :bow-blue:

• Like 2

wallfish
9 hours ago, bmsgaffer said:

I have wanted to do it forever, but I have never had the capability for making what the kit needed (or the money to pay for the custom stuff) http://www.ecotrons.com/products/small_engine_fuel_injection_kit/

$700 :scared-yipes:

That would definitely make an interesting mod

• Like 1

19richie66

THAT IS SICK! in a good way. Looks very clean Ed. Can't wait to see more. :handgestures-thumbup:

• Like 4

SylvanLakeWH
On September 28, 2016 at 6:45 PM, Ed Kennell said:

I had bought a non runner C-105 a few weeks  ago  just for the 8 speed for the  LRer.

It actually had a K321AS transplanted that the PO said hadn't run for years.

After chasing grounds or lack of grounds for quite a while, I finally got fire and got it running by hand feeding fuel in the carb.

IMG_6413.JPG

While I am glad to see a C-105 Black Hood gave it's life for a fellow WH, very typical of the breed I might add, my C-105 grieves for it's lost cousin...

:bow-blue:

VERY nice build, by the way...

Edited by SylvanLakeWH
  • Like 2

953 nut
10 minutes ago, SylvanLakeWH said:

C-105 Black Hood gave it's life for a fellow WH, very typical of the breed I might add, my C-105 grieves for it's lost cousin...

Think of it as having been an organ donor for other deserving projects.     :ychain:

• Like 3

Ed Kennell

Edited by Ed Kennell
  • Like 2

Ed Kennell

Some progress on the clutch assembly.   I wanted hand and foot control.   Still need to tie the brake into the clutch linkage.

IMG_6702.JPGIMG_6701.JPG

Had to add a second idler to make it work in the confined space.

IMG_6703.JPG

Next is the belt guard and foot pedal throttle linkage.

• Like 9

WHX??

Looking good Ed...'fish @wallfish has got nothing on you as far as fab skills!

• Like 1

Ed Kennell

Sorry, I have to disagree with you Jim.   I know I am a hacker and would never pretend to be in the same skill level  as John and many others on this forum.

• Like 2

HorseHead1089

Nice work! We seem to have 2 themes for the customs, hot rods and 4x4s!

I might have to do one after my 4x4...

• Like 2

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Ed, don't put yourself down, I love a good hack job. I am a ham n Egger myself. Lol

That is turning out really nice. I give you plenty of credit on your kennell creation. 

Glenn

• Like 4

wallfish

On 11/17/2016 at 8:38 PM, Ed Kennell said:

Sorry, I have to disagree with you Jim.   I know I am a hacker and would never pretend to be in the same skill level  as John and many others on this forum

Ummm, my skill level is written right above my avatar pic! Think we're in the same league Ed, which is to use what you got and have fun while doing it. My stuff is FAR from perfect.

• Like 5

19richie66

So cool!   :text-coolphotos:

• Like 2

ACman

:text-yeahthat:...that's one  :wicked: ride there Ed !

• Like 2