Bigfish

Ohio auction yesterday

Bigfish

Curiosity is killing me. Who attended and what was your haul? I was going to attend but when I talked with Lee at 930 they were already close to 100 people. When he called me back for the tractors and accessories I was interested in they had close to 200 people. The prices went over my head pretty quick. 

• Like 1

RedHorse54
58 minutes ago, russtiron said:

I thought the crowd would be bigger . Boxes of N.O.S. engine parts were cheep  10-20 average .They did not sell all the parts advertised, I think they sold the obsolete stuff and kept the newer stuff . most collectors were there for the old stuff anyway. I only made one purchase and left by noon , so I didn`t get prices on  tractors . I got the 55 rj35 early model with tank stand,  aluminum wheel  original engine two piece front wheels missing Schnacke recoil and correct intake belt guard  and oil bath air filter. I spoke with one of the owners and he said they took it in on trade about 30 years ago and was sitting on a shelf since.

SDC16424.JPG

SDC16415.JPG

Wow! That looks like an original paint survivor. I also seen that it has the push button kill switch. Very nice buy

• Like 4

Stike

This was my first auction and I thought the crowd was pretty small. I was in awe at some of the stuff that sold cheap. The other D went for 170.00 should have bid higher on that one. I did get a nice lawn roller and OHRob72 I think you sold me a fender I am putting on my son's c175 perfect fit just need to paint and bolt on.

• Like 5

Darrenw85

One of the owners told me they traced the RJ35 to be number 98.

• Like 5

TDF5G

I saw several great pics of the auction on Facebook.  One guy had about a 20' trailer just packed full with stuff on top of stuff.  Maybe it was one of the members here.  Maybe he could share some pics of his haul?

:)

• Like 2

OHRob72

One last item that my buddy worked out with a guy we met through the auction. A 1988 520H with a RD deck that was located down the road. Really good condition and everything but the lights seem to work. Nothing like unloading one of these in the middle of the night.

520H.JPG

520H-1.JPG

Edited by OHRob72
  • Like 5

CasualObserver

I really expected to see more pictures from this auction.... there had to be members there.

• Like 3

TDF5G
11 minutes ago, CasualObserver said:

I really expected to see more pictures from this auction.... there had to be members there.

:text-yeahthat:

• Like 1

OHRob72

I have some more pics of my haul separated, but I don't have any of the auction scene itself. I got there later than I wanted to so I was too busy looking at items and bidding at the same time. It was a fast paced auction as well.

On 7/31/2016 at 11:28 AM, Stike said:

This was my first auction and I thought the crowd was pretty small. I was in awe at some of the stuff that sold cheap. The other D went for 170.00 should have bid higher on that one. I did get a nice lawn roller and OHRob72 I think you sold me a fender I am putting on my son's c175 perfect fit just need to paint and bolt on.

It was nice to meet you Stike. I'm glad the fender worked out for you. 

• Like 2