Sign in to follow this  
dieselhorse

Mike's 654 Diesel project

Stigian

Good to see your project is coming along Mike :D

I have to agree with the masses, nice hood ornament :(

Oh the muffler looks better in black than the copper pipe :P

dieselhorse

I picked up some heat treat black, got the pipe good and warm, then shot it with the paint. I wish the shed was heated enough to paint the hood ect. I do have a space heater, but its not enough to warm the sheet metal enough for a decent rattle can paint job. I am just going to get the mechanical bugs worked out, then paint it once we get moved to Indiana this spring. I just bought some custom hood decals in reflective white, I will make my own "diesel" decals from reflective white material I have here at home. I need to pull the hood and finish making the hole for the fuel filler big enough, not quite where I want it yet. It rubs the one side of the fuel cap, so I must do some more grinding with the dremel tool. Havent done much else today, been doing some packing here in the house. Mike

dieselhorse

I changed the exhaust tonight to a verticle stack with a nice stainless turnout tip. I need to finish up painting it and making a brace to the hood to keep it from vibrating. Pics tomorrow. Mike

dieselhorse

Just a quick update, the diesel 654 is in storage at our new home in Indiana, we are still back in Erie, PA for now. Job hunting as I type. As soon as I find work in Indiana, we will be moving there and I can finish up the 654 project. Mike

poodle

how bout a put to work video?

Torino

Mike, do you still have the 112 diesel? I was wondering about the longevity of the Chinese diesels.

dieselhorse

unfortunatly I sold both machines. But I am looking for another short frame with the rounded front mower deck to stick another diesel in. Someone help me find one and I will test the engine live span. Our push mower is dying and I would rather ride when I mow. Our yard is to small for my larger Cub Cadets, but a small WH like this one I once had, is perfect size. Just need a good roller with narrow front and rear tires, nothing missing but the engine. Mike

dieselhorse

Its a shame the small Suburbans dont have room for one, I love the drop axle style Suburbans. I would cut the yard with one of those as well. They are so small and compact. Mike

hifiwasabi

I dig it! I've got the itch for an oil burner, especially after watching the turbocharged 3 banger Kubota and Cummins in a cub cadet.

[url/]