dtallon

A Horse of a Different Color... and different style - RR-832

Wishin4a416

Nice find!! Good Luck.

KC9KAS

Nice find....Looks to be in pretty good shape.

squonk

Since it has a Vert Briggsey, I would bet a diaphragm replacement in the carb will get it running. Easy fix.:banana-wrench:

• Like 1

rjg854

pretty neat looking cart, ought to make a nice show get around buggy

dclarke

Nice find, Dave. I like your idea of making it a cart for getting around at shows. 

dtallon

So, I'm not surprised the seller said the tractor had a bit of a carb problem. I have revived a couple dozen tractors now, and this is by far the worst gummed-up carb I have come across.  I got a kit for it, but after messing with trying to clean up the float and bowl a little bit I have decided to just to replace those as well.  Can't wait to get it all back together and see how it runs.  

RR-832_carb.jpg

• Like 3

AMC RULES

:rolleyes:  No kidding...YIKES!  :blink:

• Like 3

benji756

that looks really good with those tires on it

r356c

I can't look at that profile without thinking of...

Big-Trak1.jpg

• Like 1

dclarke

I like the stance, Dave.  :thumbs:  Keep the pics coming. 

AMC RULES

Another :wh: calendar shot.  :handgestures-thumbsup:

RR-832_204.jpg

69-Raider-10

Awesome! I love mod threads! Can't wait to see how this turns out! Keep up the good work!

Wishin4a416

Lookin good!

neil

Love the little tub trailer , tractor is really cute too .

Ken B

Your idea will soon catch on with others and we will begin to see more of these at the shows. Very cool...

woodchuckfarmer

My Granddaughter wants a lawn skiff .She said they are really cool.         Wayne

• Like 1

Ken B
11 hours ago, woodchuckfarmer said:

My Granddaughter wants a lawn skiff .She said they are really cool.         Wayne

Never heard it put that way before Wayne, a Lawn Skiff....:ROTF: I say you make her happy and get her one. If your Grand Daughter is a beginner they seem like an excellent choice, nice clear view when sitting on as well...

woodchuckfarmer

1966 reo  RR66 in the tractor picks

dtallon

Thought I would post a follow-up on this one...  I hadn't given up on doing something like that little Cub in my first post, and finally got around to working on it again.  I knew if I put anything on the back, I probably didn't want the engine exposed.  I have seen a screen over the back part of the body on some versions of these, but I'm not sure the Workhorse version ever had one.  Rather than try to track one down, I got a HVAC return screen from Lowes and bent and cut it to fit.  

RR-832_05.jpg

The next step was some sort of cargo bed for the back.  I kicked around several ideas, but finally settled on sort of a cargo rack like you would have on a quad.  The best part is the rack is primarily made up by guard rails off one of my son's old toddler beds that I couldn't bring myself to throw away.  

• RR-832_06.jpg

On the front I mounted a bumper that is made for MTD riding mowers.  I had to hack up the mounting brackets, fab some additional brackets of my own, and drill some holes underneath to get it all to work, but it ended up looking pretty clean.  Of course you have to have lights on a front bumper like that, so I mounted some LED's just in case.  

RR-832_07.jpg

Last weekend we had our first snow.  I had to scramble to finish getting the C-160 ready for snow duty, but once I did and the plowing was done, I hopped on the RR832 for a little play.  It's no quad, but it still did a pretty good job running around the yard.

RR-832_08.jpg

• Like 3
  • Excellent 2

DennisThornton

Man!  You did some creative cosmetic AND functional work that!  Best kind of work!  Love your re-purposed grille!

john65002

Hate to bump a old thread but want to sell that?

• Like 1

wallfish

:WRS:

Nothing wrong with giving the old stuff a bump once in a while. It's all here for the record so...

I don't remember seeing this one. The guy did a nice job with it and it looks much better like that.

(Miss some of the old timer RS members from the past that were around and used to post all the time, and some that have passed like Wayne.)

• Like 1

Sparky
19 hours ago, wallfish said:

(Miss some of the old timer RS members from the past that were around and used to post all the time

I’m still here… :rolleyes:

• Like 2