stumplifter

Mower deck identification

stumplifter

Hi, first time poster, found this forum whilst trying to wade through the quagmire of spare parts identification.  Hope that someone (anyone) can help. Here is the run down:

I have a Toro tractor it has a nameplate with the following information on it:

Model 73542

SN 200000204

The mower deck does NOT have any nameplate information on it, but it should be model 78357 – 44” cut (the part numbers referenced below are from the manual).

I am not the original owner, I do not know the original owner, this was purchased from a tractor auction facility.

It has 3 blades that when measured from tip to tip is 46” not 44”.

The blades are 16” (16 1/8” diagonal) and have a ¾” mounting hole – the replacement blades #54-0010 in the manual are 15 1/2" have a 5/8” mounting hole.

It was also recognized that the v-belts also have a length difference (95-4094 = 97” existing belt is 102” and 95-4228 = 82” existing belt is 98”).

My other concern and I don’t have actual Toro dimensions, is that one of the spindle housings (88-4510) is cracked.  The dimensions of the damaged spindle housing is 4 1/8” over all height, with a 2” diameter, 11/16” high shoulder that sticks through the deck.  The mounting bolt circle is approximately 3.2”.  From pictures that I have seen on line the spindle housing 88-4510 is squatter and has a larger mounting bolt circle.

I also just noted that the spring loaded idler assembly in the manual looks greatly different than the one pictured below.

I have attached a few pictures, and to the untrained eye the deck certainly looks like 78357, but I am puzzled by the discrepancies – I desperately need to know what I have so I can order the proper replacement parts while my grass is growing higher than my house.

2016 July 28 035.JPG

2016 July 28 036.JPG

gwest_ca

I think you have a 48" deck

Garry

• Like 4

stumplifter

You sir, are rather awesome!  Can't thank you enough, it sure looks like it. 

Doing my happy dance!:happy-jumpgreen:

• Like 1

gwest_ca

Here is the operator manual

This deck was supplied 1998-2005.

Garry

• Like 2

stumplifter

Garry,

It is like you are a cornucopia of wonderful information.

What do you know about upcoming winning lottery tickets? :)

Thanks again, you make Toro customer service look like adolescents.

• Like 2

roadapples

:WRS:

• Like 2

stevasaurus

@stumplifter  Welcome to Red Square.  Yes Garry is incredible !!  :)  However, you asked the questions the right way.  You gave good information and a few pictures right off the bat.  I wish everybody that had questions asked them by giving all the information needed like you did.  Believe me, that saves a lot of time and helps to stop possible bad information being given out.  :handgestures-thumbupright:  Excellent sir.

• Like 3

stumplifter

Thanks for the kind words.  I understand the value of a community like this and the importance of being proficient in seeking answers.  I have learned from a similar site for my old Yamaha XJ motorcycle that asking questions while providing detail can make life easier for everyone.  AND listening carefully to the answers from 'those who have traveled down the same path'.

I like it here already!  Hopefully I won't need to lean on you guys too much. ;)

• Like 2

stevasaurus

You can lean on us all you want.  We all pretty much started here not knowing much about these horses and asking questions...and sometimes we get a kick out of trying to guess the answers also.  :banana-linedance::banana-linedance::banana-linedance::banana-linedance:

• Like 2

wrightorchid

I think I need a 48" Deck.  Looks much sturdier than the early 42" with a rotten deck and spindles that I currently have on a 520.

Edited by wrightorchid
clarification
  • Like 1