Ed Kennell

Old Iron

JimD

What a neat collection of Old Iron. Kudos to those who remind us of our past and keep things like this for future generations to see. :)

953 nut

:text-coolphotos:       Thanks for sharing, was that a private collection or in a public park, you don't generally see such well manicured grounds around equipment that is being allowed to rust in piece.

WHX??

Yes interesting.... thanks for sharing Ed  :handgestures-thumbsup:

OHRob72

It reminds me of the agricultural machine museum in my parent's hometown in Hungary. Lots of US and European manufactured machines from the early 1900s, and several of them are still in running condition. We were allowed to start a couple of the machines while we were there. It was really awesome to watch and listen to these old machines run.

Hungary_Mezo.jpg

Hungary.jpg

• Like 5

Ed Kennell
1 hour ago, 953 nut said:

:text-coolphotos:       Thanks for sharing, was that a private collection or in a public park, you don't generally see such well manicured grounds around equipment that is being allowed to rust in piece.

It was a private collection at a general store along rt 119 in southern WVa somewhere north of Weston.        Wish I would have taken a pic of the store name.   It was free admission with a donation box.     The only piece that was restored/maintained was the water wheel.

• Like 2

312Hydro

Restoring one of those must take a pretty penny. Thanks for sharing.:handgestures-thumbupright::handgestures-thumbupright: