Sign in to follow this  
HorseFixer

The Winner(s) Of The Contest

HorseFixer

I decided to award 3 winners because we had some close answers in the contest. My calculations of the program I am using are very accurate however I may be a few hundred BTU's off give or take so with that in mind I have decided to award the (3) winners.

1st Place whchris closest answer :omg:

2nd Place COMB2 next closest answer :omg:

3rd Place Lane Ranger 3rd closest answer :D

I would like to thank all who gave it their best shot! Sorry Dale you were in the $$$ but you musta been busy with yer lady friend!! :hide: I will work on the DVD's this winter and will get them out to you guys when finished! :hide:

The whole point of this is to show you that it doesn't take as many BTU's to heat your home as you would think. Insulation and useing GOOD building materials are your best investment! If you believe your furnace is oversized you may be able to de-tune your furnace by plugging an orfice if you have gas, or unplugging a strip of electric or so forth. There are many things that can be done to save energy dollars. If anyone has any questions or If I can help you please contact me! :D

Here Are The Answers And Calculations!

CONTESTANTS

HEATLOSS2034.jpg

HEAT LOSS CALCULATIONS

HEATLOSS2033.jpg

Sparky

Duke. Ya gotta give Greg something for being the farthest away from the right answer :hide: .

Mike........

Brian1045

Duke. Ya gotta give Greg something for being the farthest away from the right answer

:D:hide: :hide:

pond195520032003

i planned it that way :D :hide:

Butch

:omg: All 3 get the exact same prize? :hide: Seems like Lane Ranger would get just the disc for 3rd place. For 2nd place Comb2 would get the disc

PLUS a DVD player/recorder. And 1st place WHChris would get the disc PLUS

a complete Marantz surround system with a DVR. :hide: :D

T-Mo

Hmm, I would have voted, but I didn't see 7052 in the choices, so I didn't vote. :hide:

COMB2

:banana: :banana: :banana:

Sweet I finally won something

There are many things that can be done to save energy dollars.

So ture. I hate when you show up at someones house and they wonder why thier furnace quite working. It hasn't been looked at or touched in 10 years and is rusted out.

The best is in the summer when the a/c frezzes up. You go down take a look and the filter is so plugged they might as well put cardborad in it instead. They say they just changed it last week. <_<