dells68

Mowing with Emory's suburban

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Tell Emory he looks great with "his" wheel horse. Won't be long before he is mowing.

Glenn

• Like 5

Digger 66

Yup , calendar contender for sure .

Wish my grass had that much color .

Mine goes C R U N C H when I walk on it .

• Like 2

WHX??

Whats with the rows dells ... looks like it was done  with a hay rake??

• Like 3

russellmc301

looks like emory his proud:banana-linedance:

calender shot for sure:)

• Like 2

elliot ness

Looks like Emory had fun.:greetings-clappingyellow:

• Like 1

Uncle Buck
2 hours ago, WHX7 said:

Whats with the rows dells ... looks like it was done  with a hay rake??

Looks like it was done with a rear discharge WH deck to me! Looks just like my yard when I use my Lawn Ranger. I know that sounds bad, but much as I love my WH tractors I have never been very impressed with their RD decks.

However, that said, for as bad as their RD decks are, their snow plows are just as good as their RD decks are bad! LOL

• Like 3

TDF5G

I've mowed with :wh: RD decks all my life, never had a problem, except rust through.  I put an extra SD deck that I had on my B-80 this spring while doing repairs on the RD deck.  This was my first experience with a SD on a :wh:. It did as well  as the RD IMO.  The only thing about it was that I had to change the way I mow around everything with the chute on the right hand side.  I like the SD ability to mow around things from either side.  :)

Edited by TDF5G
  • Like 4

dells68

I honestly liked the way it put the clippings into "rows."  It brought back a nostalgic feeling from the days of seeing my grandfather and uncle mow with Poppy's RJ!  Definitely different than all of the modern junk you see in the big box stores!

• Like 4

Al C.

It's great seeing Emory taking pride in that Suburban.  Every hour he spends with it is an hour he's not on the Internet or playing video games.  You can't find a better investment!   Get him any attachment he asks for.  It's worth it.  

• Like 3

Ken B

Very nice!

• Like 1

dells68
21 hours ago, Al C. said:

It's great seeing Emory taking pride in that Suburban.  Every hour he spends with it is an hour he's not on the Internet or playing video games.  You can't find a better investment!   Get him any attachment he asks for.  It's worth it.  

He definitely is proud of his tractors!  He loves to show them to people and tell them about them.  He's already got a plow, front snow blade, and a snowblower for his suburbans besides the deck and he wants them all to work!  Some of our best time is spent together going to shows and working on his suburbans!!

• Like 3

Al C.

That is really great!!!  My sons are both grown now.  I wish I had the horses I have today back when they were growing up.  It creates great memories, a bonding experience, and cultivated good mechanical skills.  

• Like 1