BobbyD218

C hydro into a 312a???

BobbyD218

Hello Horse Nuts,

Someone nearby is selling a C hydro rear end.  My 312a has no issues at the moment, but I'm aware from the posts here that the Eaton 7 in my machine doesn't have the heft of the 11 from the C.  

Does anyone know if I would be able to swap that C rear end into the 312a without going too nuts?    Is it a very involved project?

The C rear end also has the port for hydro lift.

Thanks,

Bob D

Edited by BobbyD218

953 nut

:WRS:    If you go to the manuals section on here you can download the manuals for both tractors and check for similarities and differences. Either that or load up your 312 and take it over to the seller.s house and take a close look. 

scotty

I sold a guy an eaton 1100 to swap out his bad 700 on his 518. He did end up doing it. If you dont use the hydraulic lift i believe you had to loop the hydro hoses.

BobbyD218

Thanks for the replies, gentlemen....I'll see what I can find out.

shallowwatersailor

Is it an Eaton or Sundstrand?

BobbyD218

Good question.....The seller didn't say if it is an Eaton or Sundstrand; only that it came off a C tractor.  The pump looks very similar to the Eaton that is in my Bolens.  Here are the two pics from the ad.   What do you think????  

Wheelhorse C rear end.jpg

Wheelhorse rear end 2.jpg

oldredrider

Definitely a Sundstrand.

• Like 1

BobbyD218

"The 1980 C-175 used a Sundstrand in the early models (oil filter faces the right side with an S in the model number) and an Eaton 1100 in the late models (filter faces the rear with an E in the model number)"

I found this in an earlier post on this subject.   From the operator's seat, the oil filter would be facing the right.  So if this is true, than I suppose this rear end has a Sundstrand pump.

Thanks OldRed...  I assume a complete rear end swap isn't in the cards...

953 nut

None of the linkage from your Eaton will line up with that Sundstrand unit. Glad you posted the pictures, the seller is misinformed. 

953 nut

None of the linkage from your Eaton will line up with that Sundstrand unit. Glad you posted the pictures, the seller is misinformed. 

pfrederi

Sudstrand Piston to piston with brake.   Putting on your 312 would require a lot of work/fabrication

shallowwatersailor

My advice is to run your 312A until you have issues. Mine has over 1100 hours and is still strong.

• Like 2

bmsgaffer

:text-yeahthat:

You will be able to swap in an eaton 1100 when its time, but knowing that they are plentiful just run it till she dont move no more! Youve got nothing to loose. :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1