Red144runner

44" snowblower

Red144runner

I recent squired a very nice 312 tractor. It came with a 36" deck which seems small and a 44" blower. How will the 12hp engine handle it? 

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 1

cleat

My 520 works to drive one of those beasts.

I guess if you have light fluffy snow you will be OK.

Any kind of heavy snow and that poor 12 HP engine will have it's hands full.

• Like 1

cheesegrader

It is a huge beast.  300+ pounds.

Most people use at least 16 HP to run it.

Balance and traction are tricky.  You need a fair amount of weight on the rear to keep the wheels from spinning.

It also causes problems steering.  Be sure to use the lift assist spring to give yourself some "float", or you will have no hope of steering in heavy snow.

I run mine on a 520 with a 400lb steel cab, 2-link v-bar rear chains, and tri-rib fronts.

Magic when moving snows of 18" or less, but even that setup can be beaten by tall drifts or ice sheds off the barn roof.

• Like 1

roadapples

:WRS:

DougC

Now you have a reason to buy another :wh: A 520H and a snow cab and LED roof mounted lights and LED amber flashing beacon. I'm sure your wife will agree and the snow thrower with thank you.......  :lol:

Forest Road

The Original Snow Chucker was a 12hp hydro C series. It'll do the job. Just depends on how much time you have. Slow and steady wins the race w that combo.

I run one on a 314h. I have a guy that plows our vacation home. I have to do the walks and clear a few areas. The key is patience, tire chains and 300lbs hanging off the rear. They hydro trans and lift are game hangers. They will toss snow 30-40'!!! 

Heres a a throwback video from

our friend Duke.He got a few good years out of the C120. He later rebuilt a 520h from ground up for a new Snow Chucker.

Get some popcorn and enjoy the show

• Like 2

Red144runner

That's what I figured. It has the wheel weights and chains. I bought from the original owner who said it worked well in the snow. Here in central mass we have plenty. 300lbs sounds right. I have an 11/32 toro snow blower, uses same bucket but without extensions and it is heavy. I'll just go slow I guess

Great vid too. I'd like to find a cab like that

Forest Road

Here's the ballast box

• Like 1