buffaloman

little yard work today in tropical pa

AMC RULES

:handgestures-salute:      :text-coolphotos:   :text-woo:

20160724_131547.thumb.jpg.3046149482fc4511fcb7d8c143eafcd9.jpg

• Like 7

Pollack Pete

That's a real steep hill for that Horse.Just kidding.Tropical heat here in upstate NY too.About 93 degrees.Don't know which is worse.This heat or Winter cold.I'm gettin' too old for this.

• Like 1

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Any steeper and you would slip backwards.  Lol

Glenn

• Like 1

ohiofarmer

Going out now to finish mowing. it gets dark in three hours, and it is still an oven out there. Probably a steam bath at your house tomorrow as our OH weather usually gets there a day later.  Our grass and field corn are perfectly green with no signs of curling foliage, but areas North of here are pretty dry. The grass is so "soft" that it lays down a bit and is a little hard to cut evenly. I do not really care because no way am i mowing slow in this heat. If you wait for it to cool a bit, then the dew forms on the grass,

There was a vintage show in Portland IN that featured Cushmann bikes. I did see a nice restored WH up there pulling a "pick parts' trailer. No decals, but a Kohler 8. I do not do heat well, but can ride motorcycles in 20 degrees for an hour at a time.

• Like 1

Ken B

Very cool pic. Nice tractor and ya gotta love the vintage cart!

• Like 1

Retired Wrencher

buffaloman  Yes it is to hot for working. But get early in the Am to get things done. Nice set up by the way..

T-Mo

Temps here in Missouri reached triple digits Friday, and Saturday, and yesterday......heat index a bit higher than that.  Yes, it gets a bit warm sometimes in the midwest during the summer months.  It could be worse, I supposed.

buffaloman
10 hours ago, Ken B said:

Very cool pic. Nice tractor and ya gotta love the vintage cart!

My dad actually made that cart probably 35 years ago it was never retouched since he built it hauled wood, stones ,corn ,potatoes and manure but it was shed kept. I think the axle was off of an old cub cadet.

• Like 2

BenTheWheelHorseMan
On July 24, 2016 at 6:40 PM, ohiofarmer said:

Going out now to finish mowing. it gets dark in three hours, and it is still an oven out there. Probably a steam bath at your house tomorrow as our OH weather usually gets there a day later.  Our grass and field corn are perfectly green with no signs of curling foliage, but areas North of here are pretty dry. The grass is so "soft" that it lays down a bit and is a little hard to cut evenly. I do not really care because no way am i mowing slow in this heat. If you wait for it to cool a bit, then the dew forms on the grass,

There was a vintage show in Portland IN that featured Cushmann bikes. I did see a nice restored WH up there pulling a "pick parts' trailer. No decals, but a Kohler 8. I do not do heat well, but can ride motorcycles in 20 degrees for an hour at a time.

Here in northern IN for the first part of the summer we had taken to calling ourselves pineapple farmers because it was so dry. Last week was triple digits here, this week they are saying mid 80s. Then again, who knows, the weathermen are never right anyways.