j main

NEED HELP PLZ

j main

Hi Guys

Benn a while since ive ask a question lol   I have a Raider 10  with a Kohler 10 hp   241   I dnt know what it is called

so plz bear with me it the part that goes on the motor to engage the mower deck is it called the clutch? and it is held on by 

3 bolts on big one goes right in the middel does this have a bearing in it? and where can I find a used one from? I was mowing my yard

and all was well then it just stopped mowing and the deck just stopped I looked under it and there was nothing blocking the blades ect so I

started it back up and noticed sparks comeing off that part just a little hope this is an easy fix  if you can send me pics ect that    would be great  ALSO MY IS THE ELECTRIC PTO

Where can I find one?

T                                                             Thank you my friends    Jeff Main   t                                                                                                                                                                

Edited by j main
  • Like 1

953 nut

It is called an electric PTO clutch and there was a very good thread here on rebuilding one a few months back. Do a search on this site and it should come up.

• Like 1

953 nut

Take a look at this.

• Like 2

j main

Thank you for the help

Jeff

j main

Im not haveing any luck finding how to rebuild the Pto Clutch on a radier 10   I found PTO  but it has all kinds of numbers

and letters after wards I dnt understand what any of thats means im new to this  I hope I can just change the bearing out and im good

also new man them things must be made out of Gold gee wiz  

Jeff

953 nut

The posts on this thread by @pfrederi and @Aldon should be helpful to you.

pfrederi

There were a couple of different Electric PTO clutches used over the years.  Can you post  a picture of yours???

j main

Thanks guys for all your help each one of you are very kind Thank you  I donot have away to take pics sorry

Jeff

pfrederi
3 hours ago, j main said:

Thanks guys for all your help each one of you are very kind Thank you  I donot have away to take pics sorry

Jeff

Does your PTO look like this?

IMG_0165.JPG

IMG_0166.JPG

• Like 1

j main

Yes the one in the pic is just like mine thats what I need  Thank you for shareing this pic

if any one knows where I may beable to find a used one I would be VERY greatfull 

Jeff Main

pfrederi

If it is a bearing they are replaceable.  First off try this test with the engine not running. turn the ignition switch to run.  Then turn on the PTO switch, you should hear a loud click as it engages..  No click there may be a bad electrical connection or the field coil may be dead.  If it clicks then we will proceed to pull the Clutch and check the bearings.

• Like 2

ztnoo

I'm seeing lots of electrical tape and a modular connectors which supplies 12V DC to power the PTO electric clutch.

I would be taking a very close look at all the wiring and connectors.

An old and ignored, or convoluted, half-assed repair may not supplying voltage, or it even may be going to ground.

A close examination of all of those electric components may reveal an obvious problem.

It may also may not reveal a visible problem.

I'd start with a thorough and complete inspection and cleaning of connectors, and look for intermittents and bare sheathing on the clutch wiring. And use dielectric grease upon reassembly on the connectors.

At the very least it will eliminate some possible problems.

• Like 1

j main

Can any one plz tell me what size is the shaft on that motor is it 1 inch? or is it bigger The motor is a Kohler  and the number on the motor

is a 241

Thank you

Jeff

953 nut

The shafts on most of my K 241s are 1 1/8", but the one on the 1055 is 1" so it could be either.

pfrederi

The engine shaft size is not relevant to the bearing sizes in the electric PTO. The inner sleeve of the electric PTO comes in two thicknesses to accommodate a 1" shaft or a 1-1/8 shaft but the outer diameter of the sleeve (that the bearing is pressed onto) is always 40mm.  The inner bearing is 6207 40NSL the outer 6204NSL.

Edited by pfrederi
  • Like 1

j main

PTO CLUTCH FOR WHEEL HORSE.jpg

PTO CLUTCH FOR WHEEL HORSE PIC 2.jpg

Hi Guys

Finally fig this out this is what mine looks like  my shaft is 1inch PLZ PLZ HELP ME I have looked all over today 

and found out to top it all off mine is on repairable   I did get this parts number is what I need 101473

but was told this part is discountinued my luck dose any one know where I can find A NEW ONE at?

Thank you

953 nut

Did you read the post I gave you about these clutches? In reply # 32 @pfrederi gave you the information on a bearing that will work!

• Like 1

j main

Yes mine is total shot and cant be rebuilt I checked into it any ways Ineed this part

Been looking ALL  over no luck  the part number is 101473 and its discontinued

I dnt know what eles to do been VERY stressed out over this  Thank you for all your help

Jeff Main

pfrederi

Yours is the older style that requires a 1"NC  bolt to push it off the crankshaft.  (Just thread the bolt into the open hole in the end of the PTO  and it will pull the PTO unit off the crankshaft.  The bearings in it are replaceable.  Did you ever test the field coil as I suggested above?  If it has to be replaced you can use the newer style as shown in my pictures above. What you do need to know if you want to replace it is the diameter of your crankshaft 1' or 1-1/8" 

Another alternative (cheaper maybe) is to replace it with a manual PTO.

Edited by pfrederi

j main

Heres a pic what my shaft looks like

CRANKSHAFT 1 INCH.jpg

pfrederi

That is mess.  Place a want add here and search ebay  Clutches show up fairly often. (After you get over sticker shock you may want to consider going to manual PTO)  You are going to have to remove the remains of the Electric PTO clutch sleeve and a new key  would be in order.

This is a picture of a manual set up on a Charger 10 yours would be the same. 

IMG_3529.JPG

IMG_3528.JPG

• Like 1

j main

Hi Pfrederi

I DONT  wantto go the manual route  the part I was told will work is like in that pic you posted do you happen to have

one of those parts also do you think you could rebuild mine? if so PLZ  pm me and lets talk

Thank you

pfrederi
30 minutes ago, j main said:

Hi Pfrederi

I DONT  wantto go the manual route  the part I was told will work is like in that pic you posted do you happen to have

one of those parts also do you think you could rebuild mine? if so PLZ  pm me and lets talk

Thank you

PM sent