Driving Home Your New Horse

rmaynard

:wwp:

• Like 4

WHwest8597

Pictures are in 2003 315-8 posting.

• Like 1

Lane Huls

Never had the fortune of driving a Wheel Horse home, but I have bought many an antique tractor and drove it home. Through several small towns even. Longest 5 hours ever on the worst trip.

• Like 2

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

No, never found one close enough, that was running. And where I live you couldnt drive it home. To much traffic. I did find a tub cart sbout a mile away. And a Indy 500 a couple miles away. But they needed to be hauled home.

Glenn

rmaynard
41 minutes ago, WHwest8597 said:

Pictures are in 2003 315-8 posting.

No, I want pictures of you driving down the road. :text-lol:

• Like 3

WHwest8597

Will have to see on the pictures driving it home.  I would have my niece take them, but she is on vacation.  I'made going to pay for the tractor today and bring it home tomorrow morning.  It's pouring rain right now and I need to have my dad make room in the shed or garage.

TDF5G

A couple of years ago I towed this B-100 home from next door with my golf cart.

B-100.JPG

Edited by TDF5G
  • Like 4

953 nut

:handgestures-thumbupright:   I have always dreamt of the day that I will find a Wheel Horse close enough to home that an overnight stay isn't required to go get it!

• Like 5

C-101plowerpower

i didn't drive mine home but i have driven it to and from where it was sitting at my uncles farm

VID_20160106_151747691.mp4

Just over a mile to drive

Edited by C-101plowerpower
  • Like 2

SylvanLakeWH
6 hours ago, WHwest8597 said:

Will have to see on the pictures driving it home.  I would have my niece take them, but she is on vacation.  I'made going to pay for the tractor today and bring it home tomorrow morning.  It's pouring rain right now and I need to have my dad make room in the shed or garage.

Selfie / video!!!

• Like 1

Wishin4a416

Any ole Port in the Storm. Good Job!!

• Like 1

ericj

i bought a C120 years ago down the street from me and drove it home, almost didn't make, seems the guy I bought from had spun the rod and rebuilt it himself but it still knocked bad so he parked it along side the garage where i bought from. when we pulled the motor apart he had the rod in backwards and the crank had grooves in it that you could catch your fingernail on.

one other time had my other C120 up at a freinds house for work on it, but had no truck to hual just short of a mile home. so I borrowed a SMV "slow moving vehicle, an organe triangle" sign and stuck it on the back and drove it home. you relize how slow a graden trator travels when on a road lol

eric j  

• Like 2

KC9KAS

@WHwest8597 I bought my 520 from a fellow just a mile out of town.

My wife actually drove it home and I followed in the truck.

• Like 2

Wheel-N-It

Purchased from my neighbor John, the K powered 416-8 was only a mile from my house. Unfortunately John had not been in good enough health to drive it so it had sat for several years plus someone borrowed the starter and never returned it so I loaded it and the snow blade and mower deck on a trailer to bring it all home. If I remember correctly I had to take the starter off a K301 that was tucked away here at home to get the big K341 running again. 

• Like 4

Aussie

I live in a small rural town and scored this one from the local John Deere dealer a few years ago. It was in excellent condition with only 175 hours. The previous owner traded it on a JD zero turn (his loss).

122lq91.jpg

I drove it home about a mile and when I got there started to check over everything only to discover that I had nearly run out of gas.

• Like 6

WHwest8597

It was a hot morning here in Western PA.  My ride home on my new Wheel Horse fun.  I will have to edit video to fit on here.

• Like 3

AMC RULES

:roll:  There's no editing required...   :greetings-clapyellow:

if you first, upload the video to your free Youtube account...

then, cut and paste the video URL here.    :handgestures-thumbsup:

• Like 1