Retired Sparky

What's it worth?

Retired Sparky

I have a neighbor that is emptying out their garage.  They have a 5 hp. self propelled tiller they want to sell.

DSC05123.JPGIt's not for me, I already have two. Can some one give it a value. Thanks.

DSC05124.JPG 

DSC05125.JPG

stevasaurus

See what they go for when new and knock some off...as long as it starts and runs good.  :)

• Like 1

Retired Sparky
1 minute ago, stevasaurus said:

See what they go for when new and knock some off...as long as it starts and runs good.  :)

I really need a value. Is it worth $100 or $150.  These folks need a reasonable value so they can sell it.  B)

oldredrider

Just post it for $150. Should be an easy sale. They can always accept a lower offer.

• Like 2

DennisThornton

If it had a price of $100-$150 I'd stop and look at it.  Could be worth more, but I'm a bargain hunter.

• Like 1

stevasaurus

I'm sure it is worth $100 to $150, without knowing what they sell for new, it could be worth $300.  :think: 

If it sells in 15 minutes, you did not ask enough.  :)

• Like 2

Ken B

If it operates as it should I'm with Steve, I'd ask 300.00

• Like 1

wrightorchid

I paid $100 for a 5hp Troy Built Pony that was only used twice before.  Runs great, and since almost $800 new, I did pretty good.  This is a pretty good size, as it is easy to handle.  If it runs well, and easy to start, I'd say about $250.  

DennisThornton

I don't know who made them for Agway but if it were a Troy-Bilt I'd be even more interested.

Edited by DennisThornton
how to "who"

WNYPCRepair

I bought a similar style 3 years ago for around $600 or $700, I can't remember, and it was a litlle less than the Troy Bilt HD was selling. If it is in good shape, I would say $200 to $300 isn't an outrageous price. They can always lower it if they get no calls

Plus people always want to dicker

• Like 1

Retired Sparky
5 hours ago, DennisThornton said:

I don't know how made them for Agway but if it were a Troy-Bilt I'd be even more interested.

I looked on line, it is a dead ringer for the 2016 Sears 5 hp. tiller. Today's price:    $749.

7 hours ago, stevasaurus said:

I'm sure it is worth $100 to $150, without knowing what they sell for new, it could be worth $300.  :think: 

If it sells in 15 minutes, you did not ask enough.  :)

New at Sears $749. 21AB45M8704_63107_280.jpg    DSC05124.JPG   They look a lot alike don't they?

• Like 1

stevasaurus

I think I would give it a good cleaning and ask $350.  :handgestures-thumbupright:  If you get no response, raise it to $400 and sell it for $350.  People love getting a good deal.

Let us know what happens there Buckaroo.  :)

• Like 1

Retired Sparky
5 hours ago, stevasaurus said:

I think I would give it a good cleaning and ask $350.  :handgestures-thumbupright:  If you get no response, raise it to $400 and sell it for $350.  People love getting a good deal.

Let us know what happens there Buckaroo.  :)

Thanks for your input. B)

• Like 1

squonk

Wrong time of year to sell a tiller. $2-250 now $350 in the Spring. 

stevasaurus

I don't know Mike...a lot of people will till in the fall also.  Turn some leaves over in that garden.  :)

• Like 2

squonk

Most people at least around here that till in the leaves all ready have a tiller. It's the sping time fever I think I'll put in a garden crowd that pays a good price for a tiller.

stevasaurus

Mike, your cup is half empty.  :ychain:

• Like 2

squonk

If I tip my cup over it's completely empty. :banana-ninja: I just saw that same tiller for sale here locally. $375.00 :banana-jumprope:

• Like 3

Retired Sparky

Thanks everyone for your in put. My neighbor is just looking to get things out out of her barn. B)

• Like 1