Lane Huls

Model 1-0889?

Lane Huls

Picked up an unidentified 8 speed tractor. Looks like a B-80ish tractor. Very puzzled as I'm not finding 0889 as a model anywhere. The decals and engine are both gone. Rather curious, maybe I'm just missing something 

Edited by Lane Huls

rmaynard

Are you sure you are reading the ID number correctly? Can you post a picture?

Lane Huls

I can't tonight. Even if I am miss reading it, none end in a 9 and the last digit I am certain is a 9.. I looked several times to make sure of myself. I'll post a picture tomorrow. 

• Like 1

gwest_ca
5 hours ago, Lane Huls said:

I can't tonight. Even if I am miss reading it, none end in a 9 and the last digit I am certain is a 9.. I looked several times to make sure of myself. I'll post a picture tomorrow. 

From 1971-1974 Wheel Horse used the normal 5-digit model number followed by a 6th digit to indicate the model year on the tractors and attachments.

6 used in 1971

7 used in 1972

8 used in 1973

9 used in 1974

See the pattern? Subtract 5 from the 6th digit and you get the model year.

Should be on this page

Garry

Lane Huls

Some soap and a toothbrush later, it is 0380 the last 0 definetly isn't punched all the way. So we have a C-160 here I am going to venture to guess.

Edited by Lane Huls

rmaynard
10 hours ago, Lane Huls said:

The decals and engine or both gone. 

:handgestures-thumbupright: Are you saying the engine is gone? The engine should be a K341S, (16 HP).

Lane Huls

Typing when tired, always confusion! Yes both are gone, it won't be getting a 16hp. I was tasked with finding a "big wheel horse with a hood and seat pan". I bought this and a B-80 out of a junkyard. The C-160 and it's 8 speed trans are going to have a hit and miss strapped to it. The guy does excellent work on all of his projects. I'm sure he will do it justice!

Edited by Lane Huls
  • Like 2