Mike'sHorseBarn

Kohler Fuel Pump Kits

Mike'sHorseBarn

I have a fuel pump on a 7hp kohler that needs a good rebuilding and I came across these kits on the internet. Has anyone here used these kits? I have 2 extra ones laying in the shop that need rebuild as well so if these work then I'll have 2 spare pumps.

http://then-now-auto.com/product-category/fuel-pump-kits/kohler-fuel-pump-kits/

• Like 3

Achto

I have not used one of these kits but I believe that they are the only rebuild kit available.

• Like 1

Shynon

7hp kohler should be a vaccum style pump with no lever, I have purchased diaphragms from Buckrancher. I have never had to replace the check valves. I have also used the diaphragms on :techie-ebay:Pm me if you would like to know which ones I have used, and again I have replace many of these but never had to replace anything else, have bought a few complete kohler rebuild kits on :techie-ebay:but have yet to use one of them.

• Like 4

Mike'sHorseBarn

Surprisingly the pump on the K-161 on my 753 is a the style that a lever running off a cam lobe.....interesting..... 

Short Circuit

I purchased one of those kits for my fuel pump. It is a good kit. Make sure you seal the holes after you put in the pin for the lever or you will leak oil from the crankcase down the front of the block! I also flat sanded the diaphragm surfaces of the pump housing on a fine sand paper to make sure they were flat for a good seal. I used blue silicone gasket sealer on the (pump to block) gasket. It works great!

Edited by Short Circuit
  • Like 1

Jgoodsell

What holes do you seal? I am having this issue.