Griff

Need Deck Belt Part Number

Griff

I've just tried to fit the RD deck onto my 512D, having taken the SD deck off, only to find the drive pulley on the RD is two inches further forward and the belt that i was using with the SD is far too long. Admittedly this belt has stretched over time and could do with replacing but, whatever. There is no model number on the RD deck, having worn off eons ago, therefor i have no model number for a genuine belt. Buying cheaper is tempting but, "Buy good, buy once" . The RD has three blades and from the tips of the outside blades the distance is 40 3/4". I tied string around the PTO, down to the mule drive and underneath to the deck and the distance is 90" although this doesn't allow for tensioning at the mule drive.The SD deck belt, that is sure to have stretched, is 102 1/2". Any help would be much appreciated, thanks.

daveoman1966

wrong belt...  I'll be back..

Here is belt # 108834 for the rd deck

42 rd mule belt.JPG

Edited by daveoman1966

gwest_ca

Rear discharge

Side discharge

Although the manual numbers are the same the file content is different to reduce file size.

Belt numbers and sizes on the first page.

Garry

Griff

Thank you both very much. I'm scratching my head about the length of that belt at 98". I'll have to re-measure with my string tomorrow to double check.I have a second mule drive that i need to look at as according to the parts diagram the spacer (36) between the pulleys is missing on this one. I'm not very good at finding my way around the PDF file locations.Will be back, thanks once again.

Edited by Griff
Missed text

gwest_ca

1/2" long spacer part number 101757 is on the outside between the pulley and cover.

5/8" long spacer part number 101734 is between the pulleys.

Garry

Griff

Update: I,ve got the belt but the engine's having problems. For some reason there's not much charge going into the battery, apparently i need a new voltage regulator. Thing is, it's a Robin diesel engine so not so straightforward to source.

Griff

Belt's on and working, grass is cut, job's a good 'un.

• Like 1