Ed Kennell

Dover Olde Tyme Days

Ed Kennell

I was just informed of this show next month.

http://oldetymedays.org/

• Like 1

roadapples

That's a nice show. Saw you there last year...

• Like 2

rmaynard

I usually go to this one. They have a great auction on Saturday and most years they have at least a couple horses in the sale. Unfortunately, I will not be able to be there this year due to a prior commitment.

Ed Kennell

I definitely want to make this one again Jay.      Quite a few of the :rs:members were there last year.

That auction is great with 3-4 auctioneers Bob.  I just wish they would upgrade to an electronic  system.    The long lines waiting to pay were frustrating.

• Like 2

SPINJIM
48 minutes ago, Ed Kennell said:

I definitely want to make this one again Jay.      Quite a few of the :rs:members were there last year.

That auction is great with 3-4 auctioneers Bob.  I just wish they would upgrade to an electronic  system.    The long lines waiting to pay were frustrating.

I agree about the long line, especially frustrating in the August heat.  Makes me less likely to buy anything.   But, it would be difficult to have an electronic system out in the fields.   Problem seems to be more with a shortage of personnel.    They usually have just two ladies checking out hundreds of buyers who have to file through a small trailer.    But, I'll probably be there anyway.

Jim

Ed Kennell

I don't think there would be a problem Jim.  In fact most of the auctions I attend indoors and out in the fields use a wireless system.     The sales are reported instantly to a central computer via laptops at the auctioneers.   When you are ready leave,  Your bill with any fees and taxes is printed out instantly with the push of a button. No waiting for runners to carry the sales tabs to the office and for a clerk to find them and total up a bill on a calculator.

I think some people,  my wife is one of them, just can't leave the paper records. And that's OK just slower.

Hope to see in Dover Jim.

• Like 2

Zeek

I'll be there Saturday. Maybe Friday night and Sunday morning as well depending on weather.

• Like 2

Ed Kennell

Same here Zeek.....playin the weather game.

• Like 1

roadapples

Planning on being there Sat. also...

• Like 1

Zeek

Well, I just realized I will not be there Saturday . . . I got my dates screwed up which I realized today when I went to the auction and found an empty field :doh:

Sooo, we will probably be there Friday night only since we already have plans for next Saturday . . . guess I'm getting old :coffee:

• Like 2

Ed Kennell

1455735702884.png              Here ya go Zeek.

• Like 2

Zeek
On 8/13/2016 at 10:07 AM, Ed Kennell said:

1455735702884.png              Here ya go Zeek.

Sadly, I have something similar and still screwed it up.

• Like 2

SPINJIM

Looks like the weather will finally have temperatures below 90 degrees, so I'll be there Saturday.

Jim

• Like 2

Ed Kennell

Sorry,  no pictures.     I forgot my camera.:(        Maybe one of the members will post if they have them.  

I was only there Sat morning....It was hot.

Red Square was represented well by Eric, Dave, Jay, Bruce, Jim, and myself.

• Like 2