19richie66

This is what makes this forum / members the best!

KC9KAS

Very moving story!

Thank you and to all the great folks on Red Square.:thumbs:

• Like 7

ztnoo

2tu.gif

• Like 6

Daddy Don

Great story thanks.

• Like 5

wallfish

Thanks for sharing that story with us!

Did not remember that was your father until now. I remember his screen name and he was a pretty active member on here.

Very nice gesture Bob, way to go!

• Like 7

SylvanLakeWH

:text-yeahthat:...All of that.

• Like 2

ACman

:text-yeahthat: :text-+1: ... All the above  !

• Like 3

wrightorchid

Thanks for sharing.  Sometimes it is about much more than just the tractors.

• Like 4

19richie66
36 minutes ago, wrightorchid said:

Thanks for sharing.  Sometimes it is about much more than just the tractors.

Exactly! :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1

stevasaurus

Rich, you and your Dad are very special.  He and I spent many hours talking on Skype.  If you remember, you got him set up on Skype so we could talk.  That banner is fantastic.  I still miss talking with him.  :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 7

WHX??

Had the the honor of meeting Bob and his wife Nancy at the BS and yes Bob is a one of the real good guys. I just wish he would quit hanging around with the likes of the Dino...don't want his bad habits to rub off on him! :ychain:

Thanks for sharing Ritchie

Oh and glad to see you are using his pic as yours...better than a stupid spinning ketchup bottle!

Edited by WHX7
  • Like 5

953 nut

So glad you are on RedSquare with us, you contribute a lot and though I never met your Dad, I'm sure I would have liked him. @Racinbob is first class! Last year when I needed haulin help he was the first one to reply, as it turned out Van and James came to my rescue, but Bob was instrumental in making it happen.

• Like 6

elcamino/wheelhorse

I met Bob and his wife at the Big Show ,they are great folks.

• Like 5

muz123

Thanks for sharing the heart warming story! If it wasn't for these Red tractors i wouldn't have met ALL of these awesome nice people on here! Thanks for sharing! 

• Like 4

dclarke

Richie, thanks for sharing the story about your Dad, that's what makes this forum so special. I got to meet Bob at the show this year and you're right, he is a great guy. 

• Like 7

Lane Ranger

Richie:    Your dad was a very special person -no doubt about it.    I sent him a seat pan for a Wheel Horse that he was having trouble finding to redo a tractor for one of his grandsons.    My brother David and I had the great pleasure of meeting him in 2010  when we came down to the Florida Flywheeler's Show in February.   We scheduled one day to go to your dad's place (which was a very circuitous route from the Flywheeler's show grounds) as we had  shared the interest in Wheel Horse tractors and had given each other parts for projects, etc.   Your dad even had your mom take a sickle bar mower off od a tractor wrapped in newspaper and placed in the back of her Toyota Camry to eastern Tennessee during a family reunion for us to pick up in a family member's barn!    We visited in his house for a short time and then hit the barn and workshop with his  collection.     We did take a few pictures that day and I am glad to see one of those has made it to  your banner Terry made.     That picture shows how much your dad loved these tractors -no doubt about it.     I think you told me once that you and your mom did not have any pictures of your dad with his tractors.    After I learned he had passed away  I think that is when I mentioned I had several and sent all I had for you and your family to keep.

My brother and I still talk about the generosity of your dad and the special love he had for these Wheel Horse tractors.  

• Like 8

19richie66

Lane, that is the only picture that I have of him with a wheelhorse other than the one of you & your brother with him. I am so glad that you guys took those. I wish I had more but at least I have that one. This post wasn't meant to be about me and my dad. But that is the common ground we shared to get me here to the best forum on the internet. I wish I had helped him more than I did but life gets in the way sometimes. I know everyone out there has stories of their fathers. This is just a little part of mine as having to do with the wheel horse tractors. I urge everyone out there to take the time to spend moments with your family members. Here today and gone tomorrow is so real. Thanks everyone for the comments. Means the world to me.

• Like 6

TDF5G

I think this is the best thread I've ever ready on any forum anywhere!  Kudos to Racinbob and thank you richie for sharing another great :wh: story.  You have been truly blessed.

The Red Square members are some of the best, most helpful, caring and polite group of folks I've known.  The Red Square forum is the best forum I've ever been involved with also.  Kudos to Red Square and all the helpful members also.

:text-bravo:

• Like 8

Racinbob
23 hours ago, WHX7 said:

Had the the honor of meeting Bob and his wife Nancy at the BS and yes Bob is a one of the real good guys. I just wish he would quit hanging around with the likes of the Dino...don't want his bad habits to rub off on him! :ychain:

Thanks for sharing Ritchie

Oh and glad to see you are using his pic as yours...better than a stupid spinning ketchup bottle!

Too late! It's already happened but I wouldn't have it any other way. I even found some Rock & Rye down here. :orcs-cheers:

So many well said comments about the folks in this hobby. The little red tractors we all love happen to be the catalyst for what brings us all together but all I can think of is that there’s something a little special about those blessed with incurable WHA. I never had the pleasure of meeting Jerry but, based on the wonderful comments here, I’d say that there’s no doubt that Richie makes his father very proud as he watches down on him.  I am happy that I was able to do this for Richie as well as the others things I’ve done but it pales to what so many of you have done for others as well as me. The two brothers that I became acquainted weren’t Wheel Horse people were going to sell all four Wheel Horses they inherited but decided to keep one of them and fix it up. That wasn’t because of me but rather because of them getting on this forum and being so impressed by the camaraderie amongst all the folks on Red Square and the willingness for everyone here to help others. It would be futile and unnecessary to try to list names. Just look at the member list and there you have it.  

• Like 9

c-series don

It's all good folks! Plain and simple. God bless America. 

JimD

Richie, I too had the pleasure of talking with your Dad and Stevasaurus on skyp and it is one of my best memories about being on skype. I don't talk much on there anymore. People have kinda gotten away from it so I don't get many calls anymore. I haven't reached out either because all my Horses don't have many serious issues these days, and there isn't much to talk about other than illness and I get sick of that. :ROTF: Let me not forget to say what a great guy racinbob is too. Another favorite memory on skype, along with squonk (Mike), Suburban550 (Ray Baker) and who could forget  the ac7a82766b8b4aa83d7b0d1f721f7071.jpg  ?? :)

• Like 3