Sign in to follow this  
Kelly

Blower shoot won't stay put

Kelly

I think I know the answwer to my own question :D but I'm going to ask anyway, while blowing snow with my C-141 not sure what model blower but from the 70's, the shoot turns back straight, anyone else have this problem? I screwed up and lightly oiled everything so it turns smooooooth but now it won't stay put :hide: I'm thinking of adding a washer or 2 under the spring on the turning handle to tighten it up a bit, what do you guys think?? :hide:

GlenPettit

Kelly:

The Spring in the middle of the turning bar is supposed to add the tension to reduce it from turning on its own, also, when wrapping the turning cable we start from front center & try to make it taunght (done on a very warm day so the heat has stretched it already)(the movement & bumping of the snow & chute & loose cable makes the chute turn). Can the four bolts holding the chute base/washer in position be tightened? The chute does seem to want to change directions on it's own, I have to use a bungee cord (handle to center) when blowing with the chute to the far left. Good Luck, Glen

WheelHorse_of_course

:hide: mine doesn't turn because it has no cable.

It is held in place with a piece of coat hanger :hide:

I have not gotten to try it yet - all the snow keeps missing us so we have not gotten more than an inch at a time.

I figure when we do get some sonow I will just make the wind shift directions instead of turning the shoot :omg:

:D :omg: